AniNate

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle | December 22 2017 | Special showings for Amazon Prime members on December 8

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i saw him do stand-up once. he's just making robot noises and shit. that's his whole hour.

Oh yeah, his stand-up kinda sucks. Not really a fan of what I've seen of it. Rest of the Flight of the Conchords alumni are much better in that regard. I went to one of their live shows a few years back and Arj Barker was the opening act. That was pretty great.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2017 at 8:14 AM, junkshop36 said:

Here's the plot summary on IMDB

In a brand new Jumanji adventure, four high school kids discover an old video game console and are drawn into the game's jungle setting, literally becoming the adult avatars they chose. What they discover is that you don't just play Jumanji - you must survive it. To beat the game and return to the real world, they'll have to go on the most dangerous adventure of their lives, discover what Alan Parrish left 20 years ago, and change the way they think about themselves - or they'll be stuck in the game forever. 

- Sony Pictures

Sounds like a sequel to me. 

Well considering the only thing he took with him was his cloths, that's the only thing he left there. So obviously there is no continuation of narrative, just a made up new one, so once again not a sequel. They should have called it Journey 3: VR

Tbh in a holiday season without The Last Jedi I'm pretty sure this would make 200 mil. It's a bankable cast for family audiences and a very marketable premise. I wouldn't be surprised if it got a slower start opening only five days after VIII but I'd be willing to say 150 million is the floor

• Like 1

On 1.7.2017 at 4:13 PM, commonsense88 said:

Well considering the only thing he took with him was his cloths, that's the only thing he left there. So obviously there is no continuation of narrative, just a made up new one, so once again not a sequel. They should have called it Journey 3: VR

I don't see how that is the case. The text talks about what Alan Parrish left behind in the Jungle, a Jungle he spend most of his life in. Do you really think he didn't do anything there or didn't try to escape?

He was experienced in dealing with all sorts of things from that jungle, he knew what was in there, which means he most definately didn't sit around on his rear waiting for the time to pass. "Leaving something behind" doesn't imply in any way that he had these things with him when he entered the game.

The text matches what a sequel is perfectly. It has a new story that connects to what happened earlier. A sequel doesn't define itself through following the exact same characters, nor does it matter how close it is in time to what came earlier. All a sequel is, is a follow up to a story that came before. A reboot, on the other hand, takes the same story and tells it in a different way. Spiderman got rebooted two times in the recent past. These movies didn't follow up on the prior Maguire-Spiderman movies, hence they weren't sequels to them. The new Star Trek movies are a reboot as well, as they take already existing characters and give them a new interpretation (in part due to using new actors), with the later new movies obviously being sequels to the first new movie.

There are some rare cases where the line between a sequel and a reboot/reinterpretaton can be blurred, El Mariachi and Desperado for example, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, excel1 said:

This got a YUGE reaction at my Spidey showing.

Mine too.  This is going to be the second most popular holiday film imo.  

• Like 1

I don't know, the trailer just doesn't do it for me. Hope it does well, it has the star power.

Although this will get trample by SW, and not sure if it can recover. Just hope that it doesn't turn into one of the Rock forgetable outing AHMMM "Bay..." <_<

I saw the international trailer and I really loved it. I feel it will be a real success, beyond $300m.

My most anticipated movie for the rest of the year. It's usually an animated movie or comicbook movie so they did something incredible with that trailer. :shades: