AniNate

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle | December 22 2017 | Special showings for Amazon Prime members on December 8

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

This movie is a clear sequel. Not a remake. Robin Williams character is mentioned and the beginning takes place in 1996 when they find the board game again 

Yes I know, but I'm saying there were many on the internet hating on this when the trailers hit because they were acting all nostalgic like the first is some all time classic and this was here to ruin their childhood. Hey, I'm a 90's kid who did grow up watching the first and even I will be the first to say it's not some sacred legacy to ruin. 

Edited by MovieMan89

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yes I know, but I'm saying there were many on the internet hating on this when the trailers hit because they were acting all nostalgic like the first is some all time classic and this was here to ruin their childhood. Hey, I'm a 90's kid who did grow up watching the first and even I will be the first to say it's not some sacred legacy to ruin. 

The original is considered iconic to many who saw it in theaters when it was released.

54 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Jumanji '95 is not that good, sorry not sorry. The bookended scenes with young Robin Williams and Bonnie Hunt, so cheesy. The actors make it pleasant enough, though.

I'm glad im not the only one that thinks this I mean I don't hate the movie but everybody acts like its some national treasure that shouldn't touched and I never got that

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Chris Hewitt from Empire tweeted that this wasn’t as bad as he expected.

I still think it looks abysmal. 

I honestly think this will be the films saving grace. Everyone is expecting complete trash, and even though the film really isnt good, it's probably better than most are expecting it to be.

5 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Genuinely surprised reviews are good for this. And no, the first is not some sacred classic — that's nostalgia fetishism gone mad.

I remember telling my housemates during uni that the first movie wasn't as good as they remember, and to watch a another movie. We turned that shit off half way through

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jumanji_welcome_to_the_jungle

There's quite a gap between top critics (40%) and All critics (82%)

It's based off five "major" reviews. The overall percentage average is also only 6.0 though, so expect it to drop a bit. 

So I watched the movie. It was okay. The beginning 40 minutes were awesome and had a really good build up. After that the movie just kept worsening. My feelings went from this is such an awesome movie to ahh this is okay to this is sub par okay (This watchable but would never watch it again). 

Edited by harsh3090416