CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

The Tupac biopic has been development for a long time, don't think it's at Universal though. 

After seeing Amy, I wonder if a biopic would be successful, it's likely too soon to have one but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens within a decade or two

2Pac lived a very full life even though he died young. Honestly I think a Mini-Series would work better than a biopic

Don't give them ideas. They might do a Iggy Azaleia biopic just to balance out diversity.

Is that how she got nominated for a Grammy for best rap album? 

2751 for a r rated title with this subject matter is pretty expected. The fact is, most bookers in rural areas probably weren't keen on playing this, thinking it wouldn't do as well in their demos. Now maybe with word of mouth and reviews and a big opening weekend, some of them change their mind and who knows maybe it will expand next week or the week after.

It will especially UK. Compton will only make money in the states because elsewhere nobody care about rappers

I think Compton will do okay in some countries like UK and Australia but elsewhere it will be a hard sell. UNCLE is a much easier sell in comparison

I think Compton will do okay in some countries like UK and Australia but elsewhere it will be a hard sell. UNCLE is a much easier sell in comparison

SOC is not even coming out in most countries OS. 

SOC is not even coming out in most countries OS. 

To be expected, 8 Mile did over $100m OS but that had Eminem in the lead role. The OS ratio is going to similar to American Sniper although that did very well considering the subject matter 

When are they announcing the 2Pac biopic?

I feel like Universal should start a 90's West Coast Hip-Hop Biopic Cinematic Universe.

That is what I am waiting to hear. Isn't Sony the company that got pitched a Destiny's Child film by Beyonce's father? They are certainly about to try to get that back up and going.   

Edited by PenguinHyphy

they wont release it many countries. Probably UK, Austrailia, a few places in Europe/Africa and that'll be it. 

I bet they're happy HT2, Goosebumps and Spectre are coming, Spectre alone will do $250m+ 

Is anyone excited for Goosebumps though? The show I grew up with was dark and thrilling. That trailer reminds me of those terrible, infantile Scooby Doo movies with Sarah Michelle Gellar. I really do not see it doing great.