kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

1 minute ago, Alli said:

I think it can do at least 20M this weekend. The reviews are not that bad either. Mendelson liked it

I hope you're right.  the budget is apparently $69M, per Variety. But I think this will be bigger overseas than domestically.

Yo, this was

clap.gif

Can't wait to see it again Thursday and see the look on my friends' faces.

Atomic Blonde/Black Widow redux this is not. I totally understand why it's so divisive amongst critics and why some may find it either too boring or way too brutal (this and Jen really go places) and why it both completely appropriate and inappropriate with the current climate.

I really hope they adapt the sequel books - some of the changes they've made here provide some interesting challenges for adapting these and I will say that they are a lot more crowdpleasing and lend themselves better to film than this one. They did a surprisingly great job here making it work. side note about people wishing Aronofsky and Fincher stayed, they’d have been working with the Cold War-set Eric Warren Singer draft. Which is…basically a shitty parody.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1