kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

But who would take her place? There are very few 20-something actress superstars at the moment. If she were in her 40s it'd be a very different matter.

which place tho? lead female who greenlights big  budget movies on her name?? we didnt have one before her either so i guess

Looking at other Oscar nominated actresses in their 20s:

Brie Larson hasn't had a big role since Room outside of Kong (and people sure as hell aren't remembering her character lol). Captain Marvel is her franchise at least.

Saoirse Ronan has never been a blockbuster girl, and I don't see that changing.

Hailee Steinfeld needs to get a better agent and/or ditch her music career.

Alicia Vikander is not a name to mainstream audiences whatsoever, and Tomb Raider probably won't change that.

Margot Robbie is going very strong. She was in two high grossing blockbusters in 2016, has an Oscar nomination, and got her mainstream debut in another 100M hit.

Emma Stone has been a consistently successful actress and has a lot of appeal to the GA (La La Land wouldn't have made as much as it did without her and Gosling). She's nailed the line between mainstream films and indie hits.

JLaw is definitely still relevant to the GA; the problem is she's not choosing GA-friendly projects. This is good for her career long-term, but right now, it's a bit of a lull at the box office.

Edited by WrathOfHan

How was glass catle a big movie? made 21m ww...

Brie will go down in history as the most forgotten lead actress oscar winner, it was such a fluke, she's just bland and screams supporting role

I'm still putting my money on blake as the next superstar, unless she keeps getting pregnant/injured

giphy.gif

Edited by TombRaider

If thats just something she threw on.....she nearly missed.

The things women do to look good, the guys are all wrapped up in winter wear lol

The looks amazing though.

Ouch on that RT score, 64% with 28 reviews.

Edited by AndyK

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

If thats just something she threw on.....she nearly missed.

The things women do to look good, the guys are all wrapped up in winter wear lol

The looks amazing though.

Ouch on that RT score, 64% with 28 reviews.

that means the RT score actually went up some so maybe it still will go up even more

Not gonna lie, I first saw Jennifer Lawrence in when I was 12 in First Class and thought she was gorgeous. As a human... I'm not into the blue thing

But I still don't think there's a need to push any sort of "sex appeal" sell the movie like a thriller not an erotic movie. Regardless of the actual content of the movie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Not gonna lie, I first saw Jennifer Lawrence in when I was 12 in First Class and thought she was gorgeous. As a human... I'm not into the blue thing

But I still don't think there's a need to push any sort of "sex appeal" sell the movie like a thriller not an erotic movie. Regardless of the actual content of the movie

My understanding is that she gets naked, but it is not an erotic movie, per se.  More like turning the tables on people who are using you.