kayumanggi

MARY POPPINS RETURNS | Disney | 12.19.18 | Rob Marshall directing | Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda

27 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

We watched SOLO at home. When the big Maul reveal happened, he shrieked "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" and then made me pause the movie so he could show us his stunned expression (ie, Home Alone-style mouth wide open without the hands). Then he mock-passed out in surprise on the couch. Then he made me skip back so we could watch the reveal again. 

Raising him right, Tele. 👍

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

We watched SOLO at home. When the big Maul reveal happened, he shrieked "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" and then made me pause the movie so he could show us his stunned expression (ie, Home Alone-style mouth wide open without the hands). Then he mock-passed out in surprise on the couch. Then he made me skip back so we could watch the reveal again. 

Hah, yeah. That moment was my kids' favorite moment of the movie, by far.

To me it barely even warranted mention compared to the Vader appearance at the end of Rogue One, but to them it was only a half-step below.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Hah, yeah. That moment was my kids' favorite moment of the movie, by far.

To me it barely even warranted mention compared to the Vader appearance at the end of Rogue One, but to them it was only a half-step below.

Say what you will about Lucas' creative choices in the prequels, but Darth Maul is basically a perfect character for 6-10 year olds.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Say what you will about Lucas' creative choices in the prequels, but Darth Maul is basically a perfect character for 6-10 year olds.

I can confirm that. As an 8 year old, i thought he was the most badass guy ever.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Julian1410 said:

Well it’s not as If the Moana songs Truly blew up. Those were not on frozen or greatest showman level When you speak of popularity

Which probably speaks more to the level of taste of the general public than the quality of the music though Miranda was one of three composers for Moana.

Moana's soundtrack  >>>>>>  Frozen and TGS and yes - La La Land

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Telemachos said:

reminnds about this scene :D

a bit more intense than typical for RL....

Or so I thought before reading some posts here/in the www/....

:D

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Disney should have hired better songwriters in a better director. It's a shame that reviews are on the same level as into the woods and then some sites even lower.

For better or worse, who would you consider a better musical director with big-budget experience? Putting yourself in the role of Disney, of course. I’m not a huge Marshall fan but he’s got the pedigree and resume and other options are slim pickings. 

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

For better or worse, who would you consider a better musical director with big-budget experience? Putting yourself in the role of Disney, of course. I’m not a huge Marshall fan but he’s got the pedigree and resume and other options are slim pickings. 

Technically Bradley Cooper has had big-budget experience as an actor. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Yeah Poppins is such a property that Disney probably wanted to keep absolute control/final say on everything ? Needed some veteran they could have confidence to play well with that, very logical for them to go with someone that just did 2 other Disney movie for them.

The guys made the first billion dollar Pirates movie, Oscar winning Chicago, not sure the pool of veteran proven track record better than that, that would accept to play by Disney rules and interested by the material is quite big. 

• Like 1