kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

I want Kristen Stewart and Naomi Scott to further their careers, so I'm hoping that the film can strike a chord with audiences. If the people who saw Hustlers are planning to go to this one, we might have a minor success on our hands. I remain unconvinced that this'll be a downright disaster, especially considering the moderate budget. Fingers crossed.

On 6/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, Mexlouis said:

You'll see if I lied when reviews come out. I had the tea and I thought it'd be nice to share but I guess some of you want to hold on to hating the film and believing it's terrible. Also I can easily prove by sharing details from the film that haven't been released anywhere, for example there's a bunch of celebrity cameos in the end of the film like Hailee Steinfield and others.

PS: I already had this account for months

Well now with this being announced, it gives more credibility to your post. So now it'll be interesting to see how those incredible test reactions that you said will translate in the reviews. 

Edited by Clayman

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Box office pro dropped it again 5% to $18m. 

Deadline say it’s tracking for $16m with Sony expecting $12-13m. 

Maybe with no film over $18m this weekend will help. 

I really can't see this opening higher than $12-13M. Honestly it reminds me of The Girl in the Spider's Web where the interest clearly isn't there, although I'm guessing this won't sink nearly as much as that did.

Negative buzz for this among my circles. Even the women think it looks silly. My sister said she feels like "the message is girl power overload!!". I agree. The movie doesn't feel genuine. It feels like a #MeToo product, if that makes sense.

I genuinely hope it does well though. Hopefully its target audience shows up!

Was back at the old theatre I used to work at over the weekend and I was catching up with some of the staff. When I was talking to one of the guys I used to work with, I asked about "any shitty or stupid customers lately"? And he told me yea actually just a few days ago...

A guy complained that there was going to be an all-women Charlie's Angels. Said that Hollywood has to stop re-making classic movies replacing the cast with women. And that "they ruined Ghostbusters, now they're going to ruins Charlie's Angels too". 

• Haha 11
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Was back at the old theatre I used to work at over the weekend and I was catching up with some of the staff. When I was talking to one of the guys I used to work with, I asked about "any shitty or stupid customers lately"? And he told me yea actually just a few days ago...

A guy complained that there was going to be an all-women Charlie's Angels. Said that Hollywood has to stop re-making classic movies replacing the cast with women. And that "they ruined Ghostbusters, now they're going to ruins Charlie's Angels too". 

LOL. We've never been in a dumber era than currently. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I mean he’s right. How can you replace Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymore with Kristen Stewart and Naomi Scott. Cameron and Drew gotta eat too smh 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

I mean he’s right. How can you replace Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymore with Kristen Stewart and Naomi Scott. Cameron and Drew gotta eat too smh 

Yeah, only real men like Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymore can play these characters.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Negative buzz for this among my circles. Even the women think it looks silly. My sister said she feels like "the message is girl power overload!!". I agree. The movie doesn't feel genuine. It feels like a #MeToo product, if that makes sense.

I genuinely hope it does well though. Hopefully its target audience shows up!

I see no hint that the film is about Women speaking out after being sexually assaulted and or sexually harassed. Do you even know what MeToo is?

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I see no hint that the film is about Women speaking out after being sexually assaulted and or sexually harassed. Do you even know what MeToo is?

Yes I do. That was a horrible way to describe it so my bad on that. I just mean that the movie feels like it's made to serve the current social and political landscape, nevermind being just another forced reboot. The original Charlie's Angels featured badass women that didn't feel the need to remind you that they're women. This one, however, just makes me and several other people - including women! - roll our eyes.

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Well that's embarrassing. Wow.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yes I do. That was a horrible way to describe it so my bad on that. I just mean that the movie feels like it's made to serve the current social and political landscape, nevermind being just another forced reboot. The original Charlie's Angels featured badass women that didn't feel the need to remind you that they're women. This one, however, just makes me and several other people - including women! - roll our eyes.

I agree that the movie is a product of the current social landscape. But honestly, throughout the history of Hollywood, pretty much every movie is a product of it's respective social landscape at the time. Look at Birth of a Nation, Gone with the Wind, Star Wars, Apocalypse Now etc. Filmmakers are people too and their beliefs are obviously going to come through in their art. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant, that's just how you decide whether or not you're going to see the film. 

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

This is why you should stay away from drugs, kids.

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

I agree that the movie is a product of the current social landscape. But honestly, throughout the history of Hollywood, pretty much every movie is a product of it's respective social landscape at the time. Look at Birth of a Nation, Gone with the Wind, Star Wars, Apocalypse Now etc. Filmmakers are people too and their beliefs are obviously going to come through in their art. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant, that's just how you decide whether or not you're going to see the film. 

True, but I guess you could say other filmmakers did a much better job of it. This CA remake feels, I don't know, too on the nose perhaps?