baumer

Independence Day

34 members have voted

1. 1. Rate ID4

I miss Will Smith :( And don't say MIB3 because I don't care about that.

I'd rather see him team up with Martin Lawrence in Bad Boys 3 (these are my favorite Michael Bay movies, totally fun and extremely OTT, but who cares when you're having this much fun)

This was my favourite film whilst growing up, pure popcorn entertainment with characters we actually care about along with humour and the destruction of the White House. How people can dislike this movie is beyond me, its not very day we see a human punch an alien in the face.

Edited by jessie

Enjoyably preposterous. It's original ideas are few and far between and it looks very dated now, but I always have a fun time re-watching it.That said, in the battle of 1996 popcorn blockbusters, I'll still take The Rock and Mission: Impossible over this one.

Possibly the better Roland Emmerich film much better than his two past disasters(2012, and White House Down) and had some pretty cool special effects especially the iconic White House blowing up scene and a pretty good alien invasion movie. Grade:A-(another one I remembered owning on VHS and enjoying it)

• Like 1