kayumanggi

SUICIDE SQUAD | 421.7 M overseas ● 746.8 M worldwide

Overseas, “Suicide Squad” is nearing the $200 million milestone. After Wednesday and Thursday international grosses were totaled, the film reached $191.5 million. Its largest markets are the U.K. ($23.7 million); Brazil ($17.2 million); Russia ($16.3 million) and Mexico ($15.3 million). In Russia, “Suicide Squad” has overtaken the entire of “Batman v Superman” and in Mexico, it has surpassed the entire run of “Guardian of the Galaxy.”

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/sausage-party-box-office-suicide-squad-petes-dragon-florence-foster-jenkins-1201836502/

• Like 3

Plummeting DOM, $13.3M Fri (behind Sausage Party), won't reach $50M weekend. May hold better OS.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

That drop domestic is because previews

Civil War drop 74% Fri-Fri

The movie is doing normal 

Civil War fell from higher so the comparison here doesn't seem legit, and it ended beyond 400m.

Look I don't try to spit on SS, if it's a success then I'm totally fine about it but it's really hard to see -79% as normal or good in that case. -65% would have been fine.

37 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Civil War fell from higher so the comparison here doesn't seem legit, and it ended beyond 400m.

Look I don't try to spit on SS, if it's a success then I'm totally fine about it but it's really hard to see -79% as normal or good in that case. -65% would have been fine.

But that is not going to be the weekend drop

Thats Friday-Friday drop

It's doing 45-46M that's about 65-66% drop which you said is fine 

6 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

But that is not going to be the weekend drop

Thats Friday-Friday drop

It's doing 45-46M that's about 65-66% drop which you said is fine 

Yes, that's fine. But is that enough to reach 300m? I'm not sure..It can do it but that could be close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

-79% DOM that's horrible!!!

-85% in South Korea? Woah!

Don't be fooled by Scott Mendelson's hyperbole. That drop is from Friday to Friday, and not from last weekend to this weekend. 

SS is not getting a 79% weekend drop, though it's safe to assume that critics and tabloids would love to see that happening. 

The South Korea weekend drop is brutal, though. However, it's not that the movie is dropping 85% everywhere, lol. In fact, it seems to be performing better than X-Men Apocalypse everywhere around the world. If Apocalypse made 379 million overseas, I don't doubt SS will make it too. SS already destroyed Apocalypse's domestic numbers in 6 days. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 2