kayumanggi

SUICIDE SQUAD | 421.7 M overseas ● 746.8 M worldwide

30 minutes ago, Olive said:

$33M intl FRI for #SuicideSquad for $64.6M intl cume. Global thru FRI stands at $129.7M w/ SAT/SUN still to come.

over 150M OS opening is locked

I think the only major markets after this weekend are Italy, Germany and Japan so $350m O/S might be the limit.

20 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think the only major markets after this weekend are Italy, Germany and Japan so $350m O/S might be the limit.

A lot of signs point to this performing like a sequel, in my opinion. So $350-400M O/S is where I think it will land. While its had large OD in a lot of markets, its had some big drops on second day in those same markets as well. 

14 hours ago, peludo said:

Spain OW targeting to €3.7m (under Pets which is projecting a €5.5m OW).

On par to Civil War (€3.6m) or Deadpool (€3.5m), for example. Harder to compare to BvS because it had a 5-day opening (€5.4m). For reference, the 3 films finished with a bit over €10m.

SPN looking more like LC3m and will be #2 (SLOP #1 about 3.9m)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rth said:

SPN looking more like LC3m and will be #2 (SLOP #1 about 3.9m)

Wow, huge difference. I had taken those figures from comScore twitter, which said it after Friday (figures not reported). Thank you for clarifying it.

Surprised it fell this hard on Saturday. Olympics effect? That would certainly make sense if it's fallen that hard everywhere, especially outside the Americas where the opening ceremony was not competition on Friday due to time zone differences (midnight start in the UK, 1am mainland Europe, morning in Asia).

Edited by ShinyDave
Clarifying that it wasn't just Europe where Olympic opening wasn't Friday competition

40 minutes ago, ShinyDave said:

Surprised it fell this hard on Saturday. Olympics effect? That would certainly make sense if it's fallen that hard everywhere, especially outside the Americas where the opening ceremony was not competition on Friday due to time zone differences (midnight start in the UK, 1am mainland Europe, morning in Asia).

In 2012, films saw an increase on Saturday, so no. 

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

In 2012, films saw an increase on Saturday, so no. 

Yes,I found this too.But other Sat in 2012 also had the increase too.So are there any ways to prove that the Sat in Olympics opening week should have increased more.

The UK led the way with a fantastic $13.9m (£10.6m) three-day bow, while Russia provided the biggest opening of all time for Warner Bros with a terrific preview-boosted $11.3m debut.

Other highlights included an $11.3m opening in Brazil in the face of the Olympic Games and an outstanding $10.7m five-day debut in South Korea, while Australia and Mexico both landed the top spot with $10.6m and $10.4m, respectively.

• Like 6