Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

He gave Wonder Woman a 3.5/4 fresh and Avengers IW a 2/4 rotten = only bcs some ppl jump to conclusions in that twitter thread....

Actually, I've seen "Aquaman Ragnarok", "Thor wannabe" and "Black Panther ripoff" terms used by blue ticks. Critics are really not helping their perception by some fans.

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Actually, I've seen "Aquaman Ragnarok", "Thor wannabe" and "Black Panther ripoff" terms used by blue ticks. Critics are really not helping their perception by some fans.

But not by the critic the tweet was about? Or did I miss something? During my (fast) check he seems to be against the stream in some cases, but not being biased in general

I understand that some critics choose their words poorly, but some fans seem to be willing to jump the bad-biased-critic far too fast also

Edited by terrestrial
too and not to, typo

1 hour ago, Warmaster506 said:

It's funny how many want this film to fail so bad.  Look at the Disney shills of Collider as an example.  The bias is now very clear. 

yep. DC makes an epic movie. "But but it's a bloated mess!" Transformers makes 23d movie "OMG, it's so refreshing! Yay TF is back! A Masterpiece!" 

There's no fuckin way they'd praise Bumblebee that much if it wasn't for wanting to see Aquaman fail. it's like "if we overpraise competition it'll steal audience from Aquaman". I don't care how charming and good Bumblebee is, agenda is glaringly obvious. 

• Like 1

Travis Knight directing a critically acclaimed movie is laughable? Come on... Transformers has been a well-received film before, just watch the animated movie.

But I love how DC stans are now expanding their conspiracy theories to include Transformers, Mary Poppins and Sony now! Who's next Annapurna paying critics to tank Aquaman to benefit Vice?

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Mulder said:

It’s like everyone (aka really hardcore DCEU fans) forgot that the MCU has had not one not two but 4-5 films in the 70s, no one’s being paid good god.

Right and the most common comparison AQM is getting is to Thor 1 which has like a 77% on RT,.. so what's the problem here?

23 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Right and the most common comparison AQM is getting is to Thor 1 which has like a 77% on RT,.. so what's the problem here?

yeah so easy to just dismiss all effort from that evidently superior action from that movie and the fact that it dealing with a submerged/underwater premise and managing this kind of huge scope isnt even an achievement in itself....

Shoot a CBM underwater and direct the hell out of those visual ? That not really a technical breakthrough in film making and we're not even gonna acknowledge that .but damn your comic faithful Aquaman is goofy af....

Shoot and all out black in Wakanda ? now thats some breakthrough in film making and we're gonna sell it as a big success.

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

yeah so easy to just dismiss all effort from that evidently superior action from that movie and the fact that it dealing with a submerged/underwater premise and managing this kind of huge scope isnt even an achievement in itself....

Shoot a CBM underwater and direct the hell out of those visual ? That not really a technical breakthrough in film making and we're not even gonna acknowledge that .but damn your comic faithful Aquaman is goofy af....

Shoot and all out black in Wakanda ? now thats some breakthrough in film making and we're gonna sell it as a big success.

what are you fucking talking about. scale/scope aren't the only things critics look at. otherwise valerian, Jupiter ascending and john carter would've been 99% on RT.

• Like 4

Screen Actor Guild, that one I think belongs in this thread (sadly)

Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP (Marvel Studios)
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (Marvel Studios)
THE BALLAD OF BUSTER SCRUGGS (Netflix)
BLACK PANTHER (Marvel Studios)
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – FALLOUT (Paramount Pictures)

30 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

what are you fucking talking about. scale/scope aren't the only things critics look at. otherwise valerian, Jupiter ascending and john carter would've been 99% on RT.

What about cheques ?

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

She said "I think", "I don't know". Sounds like she's talking about what she's reading in the press.

If they are not bringing those characters back then what was the point in teasing us with the Lex Luthor scene in JL?

If they are really not bringing Superman, Lois, Lex back, then they're very clueless about what audiences liked about these movies so far and what they want to see.

I wouldn't be exactly shocked, considering how they thought what they were doing to Justice League would work. But they should have learned by now.

People love Henry Cavill as Superman. And with Wonder Woman and Aquaman being giant hits, it's a wasted opportunity to not make another Justice League film soon. With Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck.

DCEU is dead.

Henry Cavill is done. Amy Adams is done. Ben Affleck is done.

WB/DC is done making interconnected unified-universe movies. They're going to focus on solo projects for now with no plans of bringing all the random films together in one giant teamup.

The old DCEU is dead.

Long live the new Worlds Of DC.

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Agreed. 96% for a Transformers movie is crazy laughable. ;)

How is transformer or not transformer a relevant variable here ? I know it is a fanboy thread, but franchise a movie is from is virtually irrelevant specially in a reboot context like this.

Edited by Barnack

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

How is transformer or not transformer a relevant variable here ? I know it is a fanboy thread, but franchise a movie is from is virtually irrelevant specially in a reboot context like this.

I swear, some DC fans are pathetic excuses for human beings, they constantly need to put down other movies or franchises in order to make them feel good about the thing they (supposedly) love. I'm far from a Transformers fan, but seeing Paramount taking notes from the audience and delivering an excellent product makes me happy. Also, seeing Aquaman getting great reviews is also making me happy since that means more competition, which is always good. Thinking that a shitload of critics have some sort of a bias against a superhero franchise is delusional at best, wildly idiotic and retarded at worst. 

• Thanks 1

belong Lady Gaga fans and Bohemian fans too in this thread?

In A Time When Adults Only Go To The Movies Once Or Twice A Month, And Wreaked Total Destruction On The Rest Of The Contenders... via

We Must Confront The Possibility That Might End Up With An Nomination For Best Picture... via by

So he is not only p**** about CBMs anymore?

Edited by terrestrial
  • Haha 1