Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, Wonder89 said:

This fake news, Ben's brother was joke

The audio clip just records what Casey said. If the site deliberately cut/made up some parts, then it was fake news. Otherwise, it is as true as it can ever be. Please understand what the definition of fake news is especially at this chaotic age.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrGamer2558 said:

At this point, I'm done with the Affleck/Batman drama. This is becoming a Ross/Rachel situation of "WILL HE PLAY BATMAN?/WON'T HE PLAY BATMAN?" It's just annoying at this point. If Affleck wants to step down as Batman, fine. If he wants to keep playing Batman, great. Let's just get this shit out in the open. No more pussyfooting around the issue. 

They're not going to announce Ben's leaving till after JL comes out

Edited by DlAMONDZ
  • Like 2

They're not going to announce Ben's leaving till after JL comes out

Yes, too much bad blood if WB announces Ben is leaving now. There would be plenty of fans mad about being lied to. Smart thing is to wait until after a few months after JL come out.

Matt Reeves can announce a new actor playing Batman to get fans excited a few years from now.

13 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

They're not going to announce Ben's leaving till after JL comes out

Of course they're not, but at this point, it's not going to do anymore damage than all this speculation already has. The damage is already done. If everybody's minds are made up in regards to Ben's future as Batman, who cares if they go ahead and make it official before JL comes out? It's not like it's going to hurt ticket sales or damage hype for the movie. What's going to happen? Confirm what many people have already been saying since February? 

The way some people react obnoxiously towards people commenting news regarding DCEU films will never cease to amaze me. How childish, petty and stubborn can you be? You know, people should be more like @cax16 and the few exceptions around here. We are commenting the news. That's it. Why to try to create drama? Why to keep the antagonistic stand? What use does it serve the DCEU or the superhero genre for that matter? Do people really think these petty flame wars are fun? Let me tell you something: everytime that one of these films is critically and publicly bad received, it spills to all the others. That's what could cause superhero films fatigue way more than the quantity of films, although the quantity of films and the law of the averages make it that bad films will happen from time to time. 

• Like 1

Casey looks like he is on drugs everytime he speaks. I do really think he is joking. He was in on the hoaks joaquin phoenix made when he wanted to quit acting and become a hillbilly rapper. But if its true Affleck will have a hard time finding jobs. Who would hire a man so unpredictable and would leave a project any minute. Thats just highly unprofessional. I definitely think this is not true at all and Casey is trolling. Affleck does sound like he really likes playing Batman. His kids love that his dad is Batman. He got excellent reviews as Batman some say he is the best yet and that is only after one movie where he had to share it with Supes too. Reeves is a fantasic director of course Ben is gonna play Batman. And i think for years to come.

And why have Kevin not been banned for life here. All he does is troll DCEU. Why do this board need someone as rude and childish as him ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mredman said:

And why have Kevin not been banned for life here. All he does is troll DCEU. Why do this board need someone as rude and childish as him ?

So it is trolling to comment on Ben Affleck's own brother stating that he doesn't think Ben will continue playing batman?  After other sources has been reporting the same rumor for months?

I hope it is not true because I liked Affleck as Batman but I have a hard time understanding why so many of you are dismissing this out of hand since it's public knowledge that Ben is dealing with a lot of personal issues right now and since he has already stepped down as director.

We went through weeks of the same type of rumors and denial of rumors that Ben was stepping down as director before it was finally officially confirmed.

• Like 4

Hilarious.  Like I've said, the tea leaves have been obvious.  Casey's reveal is yet another slip, and this time, someone with direct access to the person in question. 

Most likely Casey's PR person sitting across from him as he says it, silently shouting:

latest?cb=20121213021653

The Casey Affleck interview is interesting sure but when he explicitly says he's joking the story is closed, but marvel fanboy/movie bloggers probably marvel fanboy continue to try to destroy DCEU with clickbait and negative article.

I'm sure JL will have a negative RT score, probably under BvS so this garbage can continue to destroy the DCEU

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

The Casey Affleck interview is interesting sure but when he explicitly says he's joking the story is closed, but marvel fanboy/movie bloggers probably marvel fanboy continue to try to destroy DCEU with clickbait and negative article.

I'm sure JL will have a negative RT score, probably under BvS so this garbage can continue to destroy the DCEU

The DCEU won't be destroyed if Affleck leaves. And there are one hell of lot things indicating he will. The DCEU will keep moving forward. They are finally getting on the right track accordingly with Affleck himself, and Wonder Woman clearly indicates that's the case. I'm not saying that there aren't Marvel fanboys that do troll, but claiming fake news to every report to this film is the kind of non-sense that just give DC fans a bad rep. Don't be a part of the problem, no one here is trying to destroy anything.

27 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

DCEU-is-doomed! clickbait has been the favorite way for movie-centric websites, vloggers and video "film critics" to get hits and traffic in the past two years.

Even after Wonder Woman 's undeniable critical and commercial success (which came after many a headline about how it allegedly sucked :D ), the negative DCEU narratives are catnip for fanboy websites. And yes, some people's insistence on "credible sites are reporting this!" is BS. They are just transparent in their well documented hatred for Snyder. :D

Edited by Cochofles

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

The DCEU won't be destroyed if Affleck leaves. And there are one hell of lot things indicating he will. The DCEU will keep moving forward. They are finally getting on the right track accordingly with Affleck himself, and Wonder Woman clearly indicates that's the case. I'm not saying that there aren't Marvel fanboys that do troll, but claiming fake news to every report to this film is the kind of non-sense that just give DC fans a bad rep. Don't be a part of the problem, no one here is trying to destroy anything.

DC fans are fans like the marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek, but we are the only one that need to defend our  passion from frustrated bloggers 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wonder89 said:

DC fans are fans like the marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek, but we are the only one that need to defend our  passion from frustrated bloggers 

Get ready for a wall of text scolding you for "settling for less-than-excellent DCEU films. You are part of the problem! We need DCEU films to be masterpieces! We all win! Stop accepting crap from DCEU. My opinion about the DCEU is the right opinion! Rotten Tomatoes agrees!!!"

:D 

• Haha 1