Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

What's the franchise with the most OS reach by the way? Is it Marvel? Harry Potter has a strong case as well, doesn't it? Star Wars as well but then again Rogue One did relatively poorly OS but TFA was pretty damn strong.

TFA did 1.13billion OS but Rogue One did 523million, less than half of it. I am real curious regarding The Last Jedi.

Civil War did 745million OS while Avengers AOU did 946million so, again, I'm real curious about the next Avengers.

BvS did 542million OS while Suicide Squad did 420million and Wonder Woman did 409million. I think JL will end up with similar numbers to the latter two.

Deathly Hallows Part 2 did 960million OS back in 2011 and then Fantastic Beasts did 580million.

Let's see what Justice League, The Last Jedi, Fantastic Beasts 2 and Avengers 3 have to say about it all.

SS didn't have China .... with China I think SS is in the $500 range, I think JL will match SS OS+china number

The Fast and the Furious franchise

The Avengers series

Star Wars main movies

LoTR trilogy

HP (not FB)

You can also add JW and Avatar after the 2nd one opens as they are bound to be huge OS again. 

These are the behemoths OS with more than 1 movie making a massive amount OS. At a time it looked like Pirates, Transformers, Ice Age, etc might join them but all 3 franchises crashed and burned recently

• Like 1

I think they should just done Justice League as the first DCEU film. People would have been excited from the very start, without wasting the Trinity already with BvS. Since people already saw the Trinity in BvS, seeing them again in JL wasn't as special or an event.

4 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I think they should just done Justice League as the first DCEU film. People would have been excited from the very start, without wasting the Trinity already with BvS. Since people already saw the Trinity in BvS, seeing them again in JL wasn't as special or an event.

JL was to BVS what AOU was to TA but WB were thinking they were still on the Avengers 2012 gravy train, they were never going to topple that because of the absence of novelty and event momentum.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

The fact that Joss Whedon and David Ayer are still attached their Batgirl & Gotham City Sirens is baffling to me especially after all the good press they got (and later fu*ked up) by getting a female to direct a female property.

SS made tons of money, and that's why David Ayer is still making GCS.

Whedon on the ohter hand, might be considered the one that "made JL watchable"(which is complete bullshit). However both of them could be kicked out anytime(especially Whedon), the huge studios normally take longer time to react.

7 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

The fact that Joss Whedon and David Ayer are still attached their Batgirl & Gotham City Sirens is baffling to me especially after all the good press they got (and later fu*ked up) by getting a female to direct a female property.

That gets dicey because it suggests that only females can direct a movie with a female lead.   ...Which of course also suggests that only men should direct movies with a male lead.   (How could a woman understand a male point of view?)

‘Justice League’s Opening Scene Was Originally Comedic, Says Holt McCallany

This opening sequence was part of the Whedon written and directed reshoots, but as McCallany tells it in an interview with Men’s Fitness, it was supposed to be comedic—until Warner Bros. decided otherwise

Fuck Whedon! Thank you WB for not letting him completely ruin JL... ;)

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

‘Justice League’s Opening Scene Was Originally Comedic, Says Holt McCallany

Fuck Whedon! Thank you WB for not letting him completely ruin JL... ;)

I wonder if that scene was entirely Whedon, or if it was shot by Snyder, and then Whedon did reshoots to make it more comedic (which ended up being cut), because that scene feels so much like Snyder, and it doesn't match the quality of the other scenes directed by Whedon.

But if it was entirely Whedon I have to admit he did a great job with it, great scene.

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I wonder if that scene was entirely Whedon, or if it was shot by Snyder, and then Whedon did reshoots to make it more comedic (which ended up being cut), because that scene feels so much like Snyder, and it doesn't match the quality of the other scenes directed by Whedon.

But if it was entirely Whedon I have to admit he did a great job with it, great scene.

The article suggests the scene was entirely written and directed by Whedon but with a more comedic tinge but then interfered with by the studio in editing. I’m guessing it was done to introduce the parademoms to a wider audience.