Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Red Letter Media is just too genius for many people. They operate so much with nuanced saracasm that one can easily take their words out of context.

You're right, only genuises can do sarcasm

earnestly?

So, let me get this straight, we made a news story out of allegedly "hiding" because users were too stupid to type "Avengers" (or even "aven") into the search box?

26 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

earnestly?

So, let me get this straight, we made a news story out of allegedly "hiding" because users were too stupid to type "Avengers" (or even "aven") into the search box?

Not read the story but that sound like a strange take....

Why would one all the sudden search for InfinityWar, you need to suspect the movie is on netflix to do that and if you so aware about that movie and netflix that you know the exact date it is on, you probably did do the search.

I would also imagine that almost all netflix users watch it on there TV and do not have that good typing tool or search box reflex, giving a lot of power to the recommendation list.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not read the story but that sound like a strange take....

Why would one all the sudden search for InfinityWar, you need to suspect the movie is on netflix to do that and if you so aware about that movie and netflix that you know the exact date it is on, you probably did do the search.

I would also imagine that almost all netflix users watch it on there TV and do not have that good typing tool or search box reflex, giving a lot of power to the recommendation list.

But if they always use the TV, than they must have something to type, as they control all their programming in that way.

I am more 'wtf' that at least some seem to think its a planed hiding by Netflix to the degree that some news whatever (I didn't read it neither, it's too .... much)

edit: that the movie will be shown now at netflix was in the news, I remember having posted that

Edited by terrestrial

28 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

But if they always use the TV, than they must have something to type, as they control all their programming in that way.

Netflix has an on screen keyboard to use with your TV remote, but I am not sure that something do it that much, I suspect they "control" a lot of their programming by going with the main screen suggestion, not by manually searching.

Netflix not proposing in their main page to people a new titles available tend to make someone write about it, the little group of people influencing what Youtube-Netflix propose to you do have quite the power and it is not a bad idea to track what is going on. I remember even people filming their TV making a point of some new release not popping up in any way on it.

But if someone does not need some help from them or anymore publicity or anyone to care, it is a freaking 2 billion dollar movie from Disney-Marvel.

Edited by Barnack

14 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Netflix has an on screen keyboard to use with your TV remote, but I am not sure that something do it that much, I suspect they "control" a lot of their programming by going with the main screen suggestion, not by manually searching.

Netflix not proposing in their main page to people a new titles available tend to make someone write about it, the little group of people influencing what Youtube-Netflix propose to you do have quite the power and it is not a bad idea to track what is going on. I remember even people filming their TV making a point of some new release not popping up in any way on it.

But if someone does not need some help from them or anymore publicity or anyone to care, it is a freaking 2 billion dollar movie from Disney-Marvel.

Okay, I think I understand the system. But if that is normal, why do people assume it gets hidden  especially with that movie up to something getting to be news or people trying to get it to be news. It sounds still like a way over the top reaction to me.

I'll try it out later - maybe, if I do still remember and am not doing something else. For the moment I am glueing, have not enough ... vises/vices or whatever the name is and have a lot of short breaks 😉

The overwhelming success of Aquaman goes to show how WB had no reason to panic and mess with the Justice League film. Had it been better or worse than what we got, it more likely than not would have not changed Aquaman's fate or any of the movies still to come. Huge waste of money and credibility for them. 

https://m.au.ign.com/articles/2018/12/27/marvel-could-start-developing-movies-for-fox-owned-superheroes-within-6-months-says-kevin-feige

While speaking to Variety's Playback Podcast, Feige addressed what Disney's acquisition of Fox's movie properties could mean for the MCU. He told Variety that he hasn't been given the official greenlight to start integrating those characters into the existing Marvel Studios framework just yet, but was told "it’s looking very, very good and could happen in the first six months of next year."

• Thanks 1

I agree. The announced release dates from 2020-2022 (which are like 9 films not including the Spider-Man sequels ?) are for current heroes like Black Panther, Captain Marvel, etc. The MCU will look very different after 2019 but the moment we see mutants and the F4, it will truly be a new world.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • Like 2

Is there a nice spread-sheet, a picture ... for the upcoming SH movies (2019-2020)

Even better would be one that includes also e.g. Avatar, SW9,... other big budgets action and Sci-Fi ...?

There were quite a lot for past years, but as e.g. MCU did not title the upcomming films maybe thre are not as many picture-thingies?

I have no real feel for what is actually upcoming the next 2 years ++ this time

With the start of a new year it’s getting closer and closer to the date when we can finally get the definitive Batman vs Superman. 

Marvel’s Batman vs Superman

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/a-whole-years-worth-of-works-just-fell-into-the-public-domain/?comments=1

Patience people. 

• Haha 1