Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I don't think the thread should be archived or closed even though I'm banned from it! XD

Even when Scholar was making jokes about mentally ill people that thread wasn't closed! 

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

I agree. I think the best thing we can hope for as fans of movies and box office is for the next adaptation to build off of what Alita was able to do. And hopefully Manga/Anime can become a more staple thing at the domestic box office. 

We want Akira! 

• Like 1

The people stanning for Alita on BOT are far more reasonable than some of the stuff I've seen on other places on the internet. 

Alita was always gonna have a mountain to climb but I never expected it to both get as far as it actually did and also quality wise be actually a pretty good film. 

9 minutes ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

I don't think the thread should be archived or closed even though I'm banned from it! XD

Even when Scholar was making jokes about mentally ill people that thread wasn't closed! 

We want Akira! 

I really wonder if there is a studio exec out there that has the balls (or is dumb enough) to give $200m to an R-rated Akira 😅

I think the main problem with that property is that (at least from the movie persepctive... i have not read the manga) there is not one likable character

Edited by chuck0

2 minutes ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

I never made a joke about it, remember that - even though now you and lorddemaxus have said I was joking...

@DeeCee this is what we would call the grapevine effect (even from an australian source - just to be sure) - @lorddemaxus I do love you for that, and I would have replied to you in the thread but it is locked.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

We want Akira! 

Akira needs to be a visual spectical.

Far more important than story and everything else, visuals have to be on point.

I feel i should be a consultant for this one.

Deni the only one i would trust but he likes films with a story.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Deni the only one i would trust

Denis isn't right for this one. He won't ever be able to show the craziness shown in the manga and the movie. I can't even see him doing the body horror stuff. GDT would be much better for this movie. He has gotten both the spectacle and horror done perfectly right before. Jodorowsky would also be a uniquely good choice too imo.

Edited by lorddemaxus

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Denis isn't right for this one. He won't ever be able to show the craziness shown in the manga and the movie. I can't even see him doing the body horror stuff. GDT would be much better for this movie. He has gotten both the spectacle and horror done perfectly right before. Jodorowsky would also be a uniquely good choice too imo.

GDT would be decent, probably the best we could hope for.

Deni would be perfect if he set out to faithfully adapt Akira, it's not a film I think he would want to do though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I agree that Alita's box office is a good step forward for the genre but Terminator Genisys supposedly cost 155mil to make and did 89.7mil domestically. If I were to call Alita making that amount on a 170mil budget good then I would have to say the same about Terminator Genisys and I just can't bring myself to say that. 

155m was gross I think, net was closer to 125m after a $32M in tax credit:

https://fastlane.louisianaeconomicdevelopment.com/Film/FilmSearchDetails.aspx?ProjNum=7BYt%2fON1B3jjnaofKKjHKg%3d%3d