Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

10 hours ago, The Futurist said:

So thankful for the death of the negative Influence of The Dark Knight on blockbusters.

Always knew this movie would be a tiny, flimsy moment in time with little to no consequences on anything.

what about the Israeli-Palestine conflict?

On 3/25/2019 at 3:21 PM, cedec0 said:

You see, the makers and “feminist” backers of Captain Marvel have a grudge against Cameron.  If you saw Captain Marvel, this grudge is blatantly inserted into the film (see Captain Marvel takes a shot at James Cameron's sexist, racist True Lies).  To get back Cameron, Disney/Marvel used all its muscle to kill Alita and one-up Cameron at the box office with Captain Marvel.

Cameron is an idol for the feminists I know, see Aliens, Terminator,... (as well as Ridley Scott Alien, Thelma & Louise...)

That is BS. Planed was to shot

The cardboard cut-out Carol shoots in the Blockbuster store was originally supposed to be Jim Carrey in The Mask, with Carol mistaking the green face for a Skrull, but the filmmakers couldn't secure the rights.

So... they need the rights to a film where no one is, what he/she appears to be instead.

That they tried for the rights for True Lies might have something to do with this:

Bill Paxton play Simon in True Lies and also played John Garrett in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (which could result to be a universe-paradox, like Samuel Jackson playing Nick Fury in the MCU and also Mace Windu in Star Wars, which are mentioned that exist in the MCU)

Her picking up the Right Stuff was also a hint.

Pancho's Bar is a reference to female aviator Pancho Barnes and The Happy Bottom Riding Club featured in The Right Stuff. While in the Blockbuster store, Carol (then known as Vers) picks up a VHS cassette of The Right Stuff.

Remember  

Higher, Further, Faster  ? 

Why not  

Higher, Further, Faster More

like a CM comic series is named?

Its the Motto of the .... grrrr, forgot the term, her squadron in pre accident times - the RL one with that number. And an old recruitment slogan, see old posters for that

The movie is full with hints and connections like that

Edited by terrestrial

from what I recall, females compliment Cameron films (and Arnold's Predator) because they echo their male counterparts and the females were also made military-ready

they also liked the Transformers movies, and Death Race.... (and ignored Titanic....wtf?)

Spoiler

however I was always unimpressed w/ the rejection of Star Wars as the next 'Birthday Party Culture' by females, despite the appearance of the Queen

PRAISE JESUS!!

davincicodelrg3.jpg

Edited by sex performer Equal richer

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Apparently zombie related.  We really don't have enough zombie related entertainment.

I doubt it will be like our ordinary zombie entertainment. At worst it will be a zombie film people will hate with passion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Man, I have no idea how Wonder Woman escaped from the Snyders' filmmaking instincts.  Did Patty Jenkins simply stand her ground and refuse any interference in what she wanted ? Was WW filmed during a time at which WB already decided not to adhere to Snyder's vision (I can't recall the timeline in terms of BVS audience reaction, WW filming, and WB deciding that enough was enough.

The idea was always for the DCEU to have some variety of visions and styles. There was never any intent for the DCEU films to all be the same. The Wonder Woman film was mostly shot before BVS came out.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I have no idea why altright trolls love James Cameron. He's not sexist racist and pushes for equality all the time. Snyder make sense. Cameron not so much.

So they can be like "I don't hate female protagonists, I love Sarah Conner and Ripley!"

Basically I'm not racist, I have a black friend shit

Edited by RobrtmanAStarWarsReference
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

So they can be like "I don't hate female protagonists, I love Sarah Conner and Ripley!"

Basically I'm not racist, I have a black friend shit

I guess as a lot grew up with them already exisiting, they are used to them.

But how would they react today, if released now for the first time?

I feel like certain parts of the audience get/got in a kind of frency, they behave way more out-dated as during times as to be out-dated was more spread than nowadays.

Some sound like they have ~ foam at their mouth, like having rabies. 40-50 years back?

Only a very very few spoke that way

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

I have no idea why altright trolls love James Cameron. He's not sexist racist and pushes for equality all the time. Snyder make sense. Cameron not so much.

It's obivious isn't it?

It's because he's the only one who can oppose Disney. He's the one who makes his own films and they make more money than Disney shill products. He makes amazing films with big heart that make the most money.

wish this american social politics just stayed away from cinema and FAR FAR away from Jim, it's a load of nonsense

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's obivious isn't it?

It's because he's the only one who can oppose Disney. He's the one who makes his own films and they make more money than Disney shill products. He makes amazing films with big heart that make the most money.

wish this american social politics just stayed away from cinema and FAR FAR away from Jim, it's a load of nonsense

Wasn't that the whole concept of Avatar?  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

No, don't lump enviromentalism and anti imperialism in with SJW/ALT right wars.

The main themes of Avatar are absolutely about social justice.  Don't let a trendy term (SJW) cloud your judgement.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I don't understand why so many uber-Cameron fans hate being lumped with the whole "SJW" label.  Imagine if Avatar not been directed by Cameron and it had been released in 2019! I bet it would totally face the wrath of certain vocal internet dwellers who would dismiss it for being "too feminist (OMG! the woman, not the male hero, killed the villain!!!), too save-the-environment, too on the nose in its Native American-are-saints-and-white-people-are-evil-colonizers analogy,, too much SJW PC crap" etc...

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia

5 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I don't understand why so many uber-Cameron fans hate being lumped with the whole "SJW" label.  Imagine if Avatar not been directed by Cameron and it had been released in 2019! I bet it would totally face the wrath of certain vocal internet dwellers who would dismiss it for being "too feminist (OMG! the woman, not the male hero, killed the villain!!!), too save-the-environment, too on the nose in its Native American-are-saints-and-white-people-are-evil-colonizers analogy,, too much SJW PC crap" etc...

This post is the sort of nonsense I'm talking about.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

This post is the sort of nonsense I'm talking about.

Come on.

I love me some Avatar, but it was full of elements that, nowadays, are often mocked and demonized (by certain people) as "SJW crap" and "PC crap."

There is nothing wrong with social justice, by the way. My opinion...

20 years back the SJW would have been called Christians (or....) mostly (depends a bit)

Like brotherly love in the root of the meaning excludes taking away rights, taking away reputation of someone for its own goals...

Today taking away seem to be more cool than charity, giving respect,....

How to interpret Avatar I see in this way: if thinking like the anti's, I guess he wouldn't travel to indigenous people to learn how to help them against the big ones, see dam....