Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Chances of Wonder Woman being at 3rd place domestically slot this year with $412M (After BatB and TLJ obviously)?

The only challengers left

Thor 3: Could break out, but Thor 2 only made 200M DOM, I just CAN'T see it increasing to 400M. That is just an insane increase. I'm predicting 300M if it breaks out.

Coco: No none cares

Justice League: It needs bad reviews, Snyder needs to work his magic at pissing off critics. I'm just not feeling the excitement for it. WW over JL DOM would be kind of something no one saw coming before the year started.

Edited by Mojoguy

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Thor 3: Could break out, but Thor 2 only made 200M DOM, I just CAN'T see it increasing 200% to 400M. That is just an insane increase. I'm predicting 300M if it breaks out.

Your math is wrong. That's an 100% increase.

14 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Chances of Wonder Woman being at 3rd place domestically slot this year with $412M (After BatB and TLJ obviously)?

The only challengers left

Thor 3: Could break out, but Thor 2 only made 200M DOM, I just CAN'T see it increasing 200% to 400M. That is just an insane increase. I'm predicting 300M if it breaks out.

Coco: No none cares

Justice League: It needs bad reviews, Snyder needs to work his magic at pissing off critics. I'm just not feeling the excitement for it. WW over JL DOM would be kind of something no one saw coming before the year started.

Wonder Woman gave JL a badly needed boost, but I still think there a "I'll wait for the reviews and the WOM" situation for a lot of people with JL.,having been  burned by BvS.

It's also something of a test balloon for big budget CBM's since it is obviously meant to dominate the Thanksgiving holiday week in the US. Marvel has opened a couple of film in early November (Dr Strange last year) but none of them a de facto Holiday Season release.Though Warners remembers that the first Superman movie way back in 1978 was a Christmas release.

Edited by dudalb

On 10/15/2017 at 5:03 PM, Napoleon said:

Considering how BVS was the best comic book movie of all time, getting a standing ovation from WB executives would be good news for JL, but I'm not expecting that, considering who's handling post-production.

BVS isn't even Zack Snyder's best comic book movie.:winomg:

(that would be Watchmen).

• Like 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Despite all its flaws I liked BvS. Watchmen on the other hand I couldn't even finish

Watchmen is definitely the superior movie. I'm still surprised it wasn't a critical and financial success. Despite the ensemble cast, I felt something about every character. BvS made me ambivalent about Superman's death...and I love everything Superman.

• Like 2

MOS ,though flawed , is Snyder's best comic book movie.

I had major problems with Watchmen because, despite his claims of being faithful to the Alan Moore graphic novel, Snyder messed up several of the characters, the villain in  Particular. Yeah, it follows the plot closely,but screws up the charecters.

Just plain disliked BvS.

45 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Watchmen is definitely the superior movie. I'm still surprised it wasn't a critical and financial success. Despite the ensemble cast, I felt something about every character. BvS made me ambivalent about Superman's death...and I love everything Superman.

+1    Right there with you.   I adore Watchmen personally.

• Like 1

Watchmen is definitely the superior movie. I'm still surprised it wasn't a critical and financial success. Despite the ensemble cast, I felt something about every character. BvS made me ambivalent about Superman's death...and I love everything Superman.

Watchmen came out during the wrong time.

If Watchmen had come out during superhero move craze going on right now, it would have been bigger. I mean look at how big other rated R superhero movies like Logan and Deadpool were.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

If Watchmen had come out during superhero move craze going on right now, it would have been bigger. I mean look at how big other rated R superhero movies like Logan and Deadpool were.

Nolan actually told Zack this

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

It would have been interesting had Watchmen had come out in a post-Avengers landscape. You have the classic normal superhero team up film in Avengers and then a deconstruction of that idea with Watchmen. 

Deadpool was a well reviewed fun action comedy of a popular character from the comics

Logan was the extremely well reviewed swansong for a beloved actor & character who's been on screen for 17 years.

Watchmen was a mediocre reviewed near 3 hours movie of unlikable sociopaths and wimps based off a niche comic with the biggest talking point pre film being a huge blue penis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Deadpool was a well reviewed fun action comedy of a popular character from the comics

Logan was the extremely well reviewed swansong for a beloved actor & character who's been on screen for 17 years.

Watchmen was a mediocre reviewed near 3 hours movie of unlikable sociopaths and wimps based off a niche comic with the biggest talking point pre film being a huge blue penis.

Was it?    I always wondered why Dr Manhattan would not make himself more well endowed.   (or even better, not bother with a penis at all until he needed it)

If you ignore the comic, Watchmen is a masterpiece. It's only seen negatively when compared to what it changed from the comic.

Do people compare Fight Club and Gone Girl to the books they're based on? Those are amazing films too and I'm  sure they changed alot.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1