Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I dislike Snyder, so I'm glad other directors are getting a chance to do DC movies.

Snyder picked all the actors for the Justice League, Superman's entire cast, and Alfred. Zack also set the entire tone of the universe by how he directed MoS.

Snyder is architect of the entire DCEU. He is basically the Kevin Feige for DC.

It was outrageous how much power and influence WB gave to him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I dislike Snyder, so I'm glad other directors are getting a chance to do DC movies.

Snyder picked all the actors for the Justice League, Superman's entire cast, and Alfred. Zack also set the entire tone of the universe by how he directed MoS.

Snyder is architect of the entire DCEU. He is basically the Kevin Feige for DC.

It was outrageous how much power and influence WB gave to him.

Sounds risky to me! 

I have a question about batman v superman that I never bothered asking anywhere, and I haven't seen it addressed anywhere either.

At the end Kal El's body is buried as Clark Kent, and superman's burial is an empty box.  So how does humanity know that superman is actually dead?  Was there a press conference and Batman and Wonder Woman said, 'Trust us he's dead'?  He survived a nuke so there's no way anyone would believe he was dead even if a helicopter camera saw him at the end with a hole in his chest with B and WW and LL around him, after which obviously batman moved him secretly to smallville to be buried because the government would never let his body out of sight considering the trouble they had with luthor and the other kryptonian material.  They'd have to have a body to believe he's dead.  But there isn't a dead superman body anywhere, just a Clark Kent one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Snyder is a horrrible architect, he has done such a bad job of building up the DCEU that there is a legit question about whether Justice League will even hit a billion WW.

WB allowed him to do it. They are ultimately to blame.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Snyder is a horrrible architect, he has done such a bad job of building up the DCEU that there is a legit question about whether Justice League will even hit a billion WW.

It is just a coincidence that a few weeks after BVS opened, Warners did a major shake up at the DC film division,and brought in Geoff Jones from the DC TV division to make major changes in the film division. ...

And it is also pretty clear that Warners was keeping a tight leash on Snyder directing JL. That a few days into production they removed Snyder's Director of Photogrpahy..the guy Snyder has worked with like forever...and replaced him.

And the brought in Whedon as a "consultant" on the film ever before Snyder had to leave post production.

And the Marketing and ads for JL are trying to make it look as much like "The Avengers" as possible and and are really stressing the 'Hey guys, this will be a FUN movie"

Fact is the BvS underperformed by what Warners was expecting. They were expecting that the first live action film with The Trinity would do Avengers level numbers, and it did not come close. BvS was a success, but not the level of success that Warners was expecting, and did not give the DCEU the huge left that it needed. Thus the changes at the DC film division, the apparent closer supervision of Snyder on JL,etc,