Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

You do know these Cameron quotes you keep posting - real and fake - make him look an up himself, crass, deluded jackass?

The real ones don't at all (I only post reals).

Do you understand what deluded means? This man has made the two highest grossing films of all time and travelled to the deepest point in the ocean in a submarine project managed. You're the deluded one.

LOuphIt.png

• Like 3

I take Cameron's work more seriously than his words. He endorsed T3 and Genisys for the matter.

And to be honest, his record is pretty much spotless if we exclude the spoiler below

Spoiler

3364791860_c6516cc42a.jpg

But yeah, his fans are a little bit annoying, but I enjoy the banter. They're not like DCEU fans.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I take Cameron's work more seriously than his words. He endorsed T3 and Genisys for the matter.

And to be honest, his record is pretty much spotless if we exclude the spoiler below

Reveal hidden contents

But yeah, his fans are a little bit annoying, but I enjoy the banter. They're not like DCEU fans.

Just sticking out for his good friend Arnold.

While True Lies is my #7 and last place it's still a great movie.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

At least we provide variety that isn't comic book based! (Also love the discussion) 

7 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I do every night. 

I bet you do. Do you borrow candles from your shrine to make a nice ambience or is it just a quickie and off to bed?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

You do know these Cameron quotes you keep posting - real and fake - make him look an up himself, crass, deluded jackass?

Cameron is like Spike Lee and Tatantino...a director who would be better off just making his movies, and stop trying to be a celebrity, because he comes off like a egotistical jerk.

19 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Well look at that, Avatar 2 is going to make more $$$ than there are people in the entire world. 

Hye, this is from the same guy who predicted that Solo was going to make a lot more then The Last Jedi....

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

I bet you do. Do you borrow candles from your shrine to make a nice ambience or is it just a quickie and off to bed?

I don't think any filmmaker in the history of the film is as good as the Cameron fanboys here think Cameron is.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Cameron is like Spike Lee and Tatantino...a director who would be better off just making his movies, and stop trying to be a celebrity, because he comes off like a egotistical jerk.

Hye, this is from the same guy who predicted that Solo was going to make a lot more then The Last Jedi....

JC fanboys are delusional and crazy. We all know this, in fact it should be a disclaimer at the top of the thread.

1 hour ago, MrGamer said:

Geoff Johns haters reading the headline then reading the actual article.

tenor.gif?itemid=4763748

Johns has set up his own company and is basically going to subcontract a lot of the DC stuff.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Johns has set up his own company and is basically going to subcontract a lot of the DC stuff.

I think he overstretched himself writing comics, TV episodes, developing the film slate and trying to be an exec so stepping away from that and focusing on being a writer and producer. 

There's no such thing as Geoff Johns haters. He was not the right person to be running the entire DC movie universe, and he pretty much ruined Justice League and is responsible for that disaster, but that doesn't mean DC fans hate him. He is a talented guy and a good fit for the Green Lanterns movie, and we will support him in this.

I don't know why people keep trying to label DC fans when we have always embraced diversity. Some stories and characters need to be dark and gritty, others are fun and colorful. That's how it was in the comic books we love.

Only very specific types of people can run a studio successfully, hence why there's pretty high turnover for studio exec positions all over the place. Also being right for one studio doesn't mean you'll be right for a different studio, etc. Johns always seemed like the wrong fit, having been a comics guy and not having a ton of film production experience. I know SW fans want Filoni in charge but I feel like he'd run into the exact same issues as Johns.

Feige is literally not human so it's probably very unfair for the media to make that comparison.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

There's no such thing as Geoff Johns haters. He was not the right person to be running the entire DC movie universe, and he pretty much ruined Justice League and is responsible for that disaster, but that doesn't mean DC fans hate him. He is a talented guy and a good fit for the Green Lanterns movie, and we will support him in this.

I don't know why people keep trying to label DC fans when we have always embraced diversity. Some stories and characters need to be dark and gritty, others are fun and colorful. That's how it was in the comic books we love.

I'm a Johns hater. I hate his comics, with only 1 exception.

He's a powerlevel and high stakes idiot (only writes plot heavy comics and cares only about his pet characters), his comics are just tacky, and I'm talking by cape comics standards.

I think Johns needs to stay away from doing comic book movies. Lets not act as if he wasn't there for all previous DC failures especially the 2011 GL movie. He should continue to stick to writing comics and leave the movies to actual film makers and writers with years experience writing live action movies.  I think DC needs to go back to what works best for them and that is giving directors / writers complete control of their movies and not be bogged down by a pre-existing universe. It has worked wonders for them in the past with '78 Superman movies, Burton Batman and the Nolan Batman. Stick to what works. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I think Johns needs to stay away from doing comic book movies. Lets not act as if he wasn't there for all previous DC failures especially the 2011 GL movie. He should continue to stick to writing comics and leave the movies to actual film makers and writers with years experience writing live action movies.  I think DC needs to go back to what works best for them and that is giving directors / writers complete control of their movies and not be bogged down by a pre-existing universe. It has worked wonders for them in the past with '78 Superman movies, Burton Batman and the Nolan Batman. Stick to what works. 

Problem is - Nolan is one in a million. You give some auteur director full control of a franchise and you usually do not get TDK trilogy.. it's usually more like a mess that the studio then tries to fix but somehow makes worse or a film that pleases critics but pisses off half the fanbase like Rian Johnson.

Also that means saying bye bye to sweet ass Avengers money cause a fully creative director is not going to mess as well with the team-up stuff they seem to want to get in on.