Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Nolan >>>>>>> James Cameron by a mile. 

IMHO the writing,on the whole  for Nolan films is much  better then what we have seen from Cameron in quite a while.

Yes, I think that Cameron would be well served artistically to let other people write his films. HE is like Lucas, the skills he once had as a writer have pretty much vanished.

• Like 2

AT&T-Time Warner Merger Approved

Any DC movies not already filming or finished filming (Aqua, Shazam, WW2) are going be canceled now.

Good chance of ATT just burning down all the DCEU and just reboot and recasting everyone in a few years, especially if Aquaman underperforms.

MAAAYBE Gal will get one more Wonder Woman movie after WW2. But that's it.

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Any DC movies not already filming or finished filming (Aqua, Shazam, WW2) are going be canceled now.

Good chance of ATT just burning down all the DCEU and just reboot and recasting everyone in a few years, especially if Aquaman underperforms.

MAAAYBE Gal will get one more Wonder Woman movie after WW2. But that's it.

Keep dreaming!

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Time for them to sell the Harry Potter rights to Disney. We want a high budget HBO’d Harry Potter tv show on their streaming service! 

Potter is not going to be sold and any sale would have to approved by JK Rowling anyway and she's happy to maintain the relationship with WB

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Comcast would take control of not only Avatar but also FOX's Marvel characters.

Well that goes without saying but you didn't have to put Avatar in there as if it's own entity alongside the studio name. 😐

6 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Well that goes without saying but you didn't have to put Avatar in there as if it's own entity alongside the studio name. 😐 

At the box office in the coming years, Avatar might be in front of the rest of FOX (if it still exists).

• Like 1

the prequels and the last four movies all got nominated for Academy Awards.  Will Solo at least make it in for VFX with an outside shot of Best Sound?  Aquaman opening during December will give it an advantage +underwater scenes.  Fantastic Beasts won an Oscar.  The sequel will probably get multiple nominations.  IW and BP should combine for a few nominations.

13 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

the prequels and the last four movies all got nominated for Academy Awards.  Will Solo at least make it in for VFX with an outside shot of Best Sound?  Aquaman opening during December will give it an advantage +underwater scenes.  Fantastic Beasts won an Oscar.  The sequel will probably get multiple nominations.  IW and BP should combine for a few nominations.

Noms are one thing, but what do they deserve to win? I can only think of BP for costume design, maybe. The SFX in IW was serviceable but inconsistent and certainly not groundbreaking, although maybe they outperformed in a couple technical categories I'm not familiar with (like sound editing) As for the SFX in BP, 🤢

HtBEKDj.jpg

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

IMHO the writing,on the whole  for Nolan films is much  better then what we have seen from Cameron in quite a while.

CIA: "If I pull that [mask] off, will you die?"
Bane: "It would be extremely painful…"
CIA: "You're a big guy."
Bane: "…for you."

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Comcast would take control of not only Avatar but also FOX's Marvel characters.

The Disney deal is a lot more likely to  happen then the Comcast deal. If it does get into a bidding war, Disney has deeper pockets then Comcast.

And many business writers are saying Comcast real goal is to create a nuisance value to make Disney and Fox sell them some of Fox's TV assets;that is what they are really after, they are not that interested in the Fox studios.

Edited by dudalb

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The Disney deal is a lot more likely to  happen then the Comcast deal. If it does get into a bidding war, Disney has deeper pockets then Comcast.

And many business writers are saying Comcast real goal is to create a nuisance value to make Disney and Fox sell them some of Fox's TV assets;that is what they are really after, they are not that interested in the Fox studios.

Comcast is more interested in Sky which is owned by Fox.

30 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Comcast is more interested in Sky which is owned by Fox.

Not sure what are your sources, Comcast seems very interested in the whole thing:

Comcast-Fox: Wall Street Expects A Bid Any Minute Now

“All hell’s going to break loose on the Disney-Fox deal,” predicted investment banker Lloyd Greif. “Should be interesting, although I certainly wouldn’t count Disney out.”

Comcast CEO Brian Roberts has made no secret of his intentions to pursue Fox, even after being rebuffed last year by the media company Rupert Murdoch built amid antitrust concerns.

Roberts told investors at the company’s annual shareholders meeting this week that the cable giant is in the “advanced stages” of preparing an offer for most of 21st Century Fox’s film and television assets.

On the one hand I think Disney owner would give Avatar 2 better chances but if Comcast were to take control I wouldn't have to see the day where people credit Avatar to Disney's brilliance (that would be disgusting)

Edited by IronJimbo

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

On the one hand I think Disney owner would give Avatar 2 better chances but if Comcast were to take control I wouldn't have to see the day where people credit Avatar to Disney's brilliance (that would be disgusting)

They wouldn’t tbh.  No one credits Disney for the MCU. Everyone credits Kevin Fegie and the directors.  Same situation would be for Avatar and Cameroon.  

Funny how obsessed I was with Man Of Steel for a while and then after Batman v Superman I completely forget about it. It's been a long time since I last saw it, and will be doing it this week to celebrate its 5 year anniversary.

MOS is such a brilliant Superman movie. He was always my favorite superhero and I think this movie nailed the character and what he means to me.

I don't want to die anytime soon, I'm still quite young (27 years old) but if I die tomorrow, I am honestly happy that I lived to see Man Of Steel and Batman v Superman. I couldn't ask for a better life. It's almost like nothing else matters anymore. I hope to live a long time to have kids and show these movies to them and see them loving it as well, and be a proud dad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Funny how obsessed I was with Man Of Steel for a while and then after Batman v Superman I completely forget about it. It's been a long time since I last saw it, and will be doing it this week to celebrate its 5 year anniversary.

MOS is such a brilliant Superman movie. He was always my favorite superhero and I think this movie nailed the character and what he means to me.

I don't want to die anytime soon, I'm still quite young (27 years old) but if I die tomorrow, I am honestly happy that I lived to see Man Of Steel and Batman v Superman. I couldn't ask for a better life. It's almost like nothing else matters anymore. I hope to live a long time to have kids and show these movies to them and see them loving it as well, and be a proud dad.

:wintf: