Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Since DoJ has already given pre approval there wont be much regulatory hurdle stateside but there still remains getting approvals from other countries like India or the EU, process that can take 6 or more months. So I think the deal will close sometime in 2019. 

On the Marvel front I think we will start seeing more Xmen and F4 comics and toys coming back. 

And finally only Spiderman (and distribution rights if Hulk/Namor) remains separated from Marvel. I wonder when these will come back. 

And Napolean being jealous, like clockwork 😂

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

This is great! What fanboy wars is all about.

MCU, DC and Star Wars at each others throats while Jim fans watch and laugh from the top spot

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Avatar backed by the talent of Cameron and the muscle of Disney will do great.  I just hope people attribute the success of the Avatar franchise to Camaron and not to Disney.

yeah, but imagine if there is a fallout between them and they end up giving the project to Ron Howard, or , may god forgive me for saying that name, Brett Ratner?

• Astonished 1

It’s pathetic to see people celebrating the merger because they get to see their favorite funny book character in their preferred funny back universe, yet not even taking a second glance or considering the larger implications of it.  Have fun with getting to see Magneto in Avengers or whatever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Avatar backed by the talent of Cameron and the muscle of Disney will do great.  

Oh bloody hell...

@IronJimbo was right. Avatar is about to become relevant again. The next movie could be monstrous.

14 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

yeah, but imagine if there is a fallout between them and they end up giving the project to Ron Howard, or , may god forgive me for saying that name, Brett Ratner?

Not possible Jim owns Avatar.

Disney just own the distribution/production contract.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It’s pathetic to see people celebrating the merger because they get to see their favorite funny book character in their preferred funny back universe, yet not even taking a second glance or considering the larger implications of it.  Have fun with getting to see Magneto in Avengers or whatever.

The biggest implication I see is that these studios are about to start merging 

CBS merges with VIACOM

SONY merges with COMCAST

APPLE/AMAZON merges with DISNEY

Shits about to look like Voltron and shit.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

The biggest implication I see is that these studios are about to start merging 

CBS merges with VIACOM

SONY merges with COMCAST

APPLE/AMAZON merges with DISNEY

Shits about to look like Voltron and shit.

Disney did this deal so they could stave off Apple/Amazon.  We''ll see how long that lasts.   

The other two I could see happening though  Amazon/Apple might get in the hunt for either if they think Disney is now too big to swallow.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

For most people, getting to see the X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU will make the Disney/Fox deal a net positive. Dunno why you seem so bitter about that.

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

For most people, getting to see the X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU will make the Disney/Fox deal a net positive. Dunno why you seem so bitter about that.

Thousands of people will lose jobs and diversity in the film industry will be limited even further but it's all fine because we get to see an even more ambitious crossover event

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Again? :qotd:

THe Emperor of France hates Disney the way the original Emperor of France hated England.

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Since DoJ has already given pre approval there wont be much regulatory hurdle stateside but there still remains getting approvals from other countries like India or the EU, process that can take 6 or more months. So I think the deal will close sometime in 2019. 

On the Marvel front I think we will start seeing more Xmen and F4 comics and toys coming back. 

And finally only Spiderman (and distribution rights if Hulk/Namor) remains separated from Marvel. I wonder when these will come back. 

And Napolean being jealous, like clockwork 😂

They voted on the general framework  for a merger, a lot of the details need to be worked out.

Finalizizin a deal this big is really expensive in and of itself;the legal costs alone will be huge. So big that both companies don't want to spend money  on it until they know the deal is going to happen.

A

Edited by dudalb

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Thousands of people will lose jobs and diversity in the film industry will be limited even further but it's all fine because we get to see an even more ambitious crossover event

It's cruel but I get it.

I would sacrifice the whole of Disney for Avatar 2

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

As sad as it may sound but those thousands of jobs would've been lost anyway as FOX would've found another viable partner to merge with. Not to mention the fact that FOX was thinking about a merger in the first place means that they weren't in a financially sound position, those jobs would've been cut one way or another. It's the nature of the beast called big business. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

People don't like to think about that. It's disgusting and selfish beyond words that people don't but they don't. They believe that everyone working at a studio makes 20mil a year so who cares? They'll easily find another job! I'll make sure to celebrate if any of those people lose their jobs because what's fair is fair.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2