Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Cavill has suffered so much at the hands of the #MeToo radicals!!! He has been kicked out of the industry without a trial, and totally doesn't have a movie coming this weekend.

Pray for Henry!

For one. you miss the point of the discussion, the real victim here is democracy, as these totalitarian tactics will make people afraid to speak their mind.

For a second, normalizing stupidity is funny, but also dangerous.

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

In an interview, he said he was scared to date women he didn't know, in case he got accused of stuff in light of all the accusations than are going around nowadays.

Outrage culture translation - he likes to sexually assault women. 

:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

You know the movie bloggers community is in a good state when they bully and ridicule a fanbase that campaigns for artistic integrity but support the fanbase that petitions for an alleged pedophile to not lose his job.

Who is the alleged pedophile ? The scandal are popping so fast, cannot keep up.

Edited by Barnack

The movie blogger community is sensitive to criticism that they behave more like Disney employees than actual journalists but this week has shown that that’s exactly what they are. You can tell they’re disappointed that they don’t have a Marvel movie to drool over and are instead stuck having to write about this “DC crap”. 

• Like 1

I was going to put this in the alita thread but I didn't want to take it too far off topic so I'll post here:

I really don't understand why the Cameron fans are tying this movie's success to him. I would enjoy it very much if this did big numbers (and especially if the quality justified big numbers) but so far I think all signs point toward alita performing the same or under the other holiday releases like Aquaman and bumblebee.  

The funny thing is I actually think the Cameron fans on the forum make good points most of the time when they're talking about movies he's directed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MattW said:

I was going to put this in the alita thread but I didn't want to take it too far off topic so I'll post here:

I really don't understand why the Cameron fans are tying this movie's success to him. I would enjoy it very much if this did big numbers (and especially if the quality justified big numbers) but so far I think all signs point toward alita performing the same or under the other holiday releases like Aquaman and bumblebee.  

The funny thing is I actually think the Cameron fans on the forum make good points most of the time when they're talking about movies he's directed. 

I'm a Cameron fan and I don't think Alita will do big numbers at all even with Christmas time boost. (At this point, i think Sin City numbers adjusted are more likely).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Who is the alleged pedophile ? The scandal are popping so fast, cannot keep up.

Nobody in this conversation is an alledged pedophile.

Some are trying to tag him with labels because................outrage culture.

With more coming out about James Gunn I've not seen it mentioned here(maybe I missed it) but he appears to have been targeted due to his own recent uncivility towards Ben Shapiro. Shapiro(conservative) and someone name Mark Duplass(liberal) had a conversation, in private, about gun control. Duplass recommended more liberals follow Shapiro to get better informed as he himself had been. This didn't go over well with liberals and a Twitterstorm of instant outrage ensued. Apparently within 24hrs Shapiro had been labeled all manner of things(none of them correct as has now happened to Gunn). 

This Deadline article gives the backend of the story in some regards the rest I've heard on the radio. 

This is just another example of knee jerk reactions on social media that are harming us as a society. 

Did what happen to Gunn = justice? No Was it karma? Not really as it was a forced situation. What is says is sometimes you reap what you sow though. Gunn, while not a pedophile, just a bad comedian, has been playing in this anger infused sandbox we call Twitter with his emotions being raw and conclusions being swift and equally as wrong as what happened to him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

With more coming out about James Gunn I've not seen it mentioned here(maybe I missed it) but he appears to have been targeted due to his own recent uncivility towards Ben Shapiro. Shapiro(conservative) and someone name Mark Duplass(liberal) had a conversation, in private, about gun control. Duplass recommended more liberals follow Shapiro to get better informed as he himself had been. This didn't go over well with liberals and a Twitterstorm of instant outrage ensued. Apparently within 24hrs Shapiro had been labeled all manner of things(none of them correct as has now happened to Gunn). 

More than that, ironically Gunn was going after Shapiro for things he had said 10 years ago.

• Like 2