Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Disney money is more important than friendship and solidarity.

Apparently it’s not that much, for the newer lesser known people anyway 

I’m sure they’ll stay despite saying they’re not happy about it 

Tree -(6/22/18)-Banned for One Year for abusive behavior towards the staff and a pattern of breeding hostility, attacking members, and poisoning the well

TREE! Damn when did this happen... sad

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Tree -(6/22/18)-Banned for One Year for abusive behavior towards the staff and a pattern of breeding hostility, attacking members, and poisoning the well

TREE! Damn when did this happen... sad

If I had to guess, maybe sometime around 6/22/18

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

1532424952761.png

The plot thickens. :hahaha:

Only a decade ago like all of Hollywood's A-Listers gave a standing ovation to a pedophile at the Academy Awards after he fled the country.  They all knew about Harvey Weinstein for years(please don't pretend otherwise) as well and only turned on him once the cat got out of the bag.   But now they draw the line at shitty juvenile rape/pedo jokes!?  Fucking Hollywood lol.  Not that I care about James Gunn or GOTG at all, but it looks like he's a victim of the climate of fear that #MeToo created, especially since it was a really well known and odious alt-right ringleader that dug up his tweets.

15 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Only a decade ago like all of Hollywood's A-Listers gave a standing ovation to a pedophile at the Academy Awards after he fled the country.  They all knew about Harvey Weinstein for years(please don't pretend otherwise) as well and only turned on him once the cat got out of the bag.   But now they draw the line at shitty juvenile rape/pedo jokes!?  Fucking Hollywood lol.  Not that I care about James Gunn or GOTG at all, but it looks like he's a victim of the climate of fear that #MeToo created, especially since it was a really well known and odious alt-right ringleader that dug up his tweets.

Now here's the thing!

If you want to use your celebrity status to take pot shots at people in the political world......why should they act surprised when stuff gets lobbed back at them?

I hope this episode will make Hollywood types have second thoughts before they throw some of their (usually) dumb criticisms around in affairs that they have no expertise on.

That would at least save me the job of unfollowing them when they start tweeting a bunch of crap that I'm not interested in.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AndyK said:

If you want to use your celebrity status to take pot shots at people in the political world......why should they act surprised when stuff gets lobbed back at them?

There is no surprise here, no a big surprise that a company like Disney would act in the current climate.

The issue is the current climate, that is not apt for nuance and a gradation in the punishment because there is no "judge" and fair process.

That said Disney != Hollywood, I doubt they would have not made a Polansky movie, they did cut link with Weinstein and that current group would have probably not worked with him either.

I doubt that if you make a Hollywood polling will not show a lot of support or if you have James Gunn show up to a Hollywood event that he would not get a loud applause (like Dustin Hoffman got after is stories got out or I imagine Freeman can still get).

Edited by Barnack

An "age" commonly lasts for at least a century. That would make pretty much all movies since the dawn of cinema "of this age". The force awakens is not even the defining movie of the decade. Especially since the only thing it does is to ride on the nostalgia for the original trilogy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Celebrities with millions of followers have been promoting the James Gunn petition, while the Snyder Cut campaign didn't get that kind of exposure. Gunn's firing was also reported everywhere, while the Justice League behind the scenes drama had a very limited reach, so people in general have no idea that there is an unfinished director's cut of JL, even. The Snyder Cut petition numbers are more impressive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's a pretty gigantic caveat considering like 80% of the revenue in the film industry is from audiences under the age of 35. 

Hard to have figure for post theatrical but at the box office, do you have a source for this ?:

percentage of ticket sold by age group:

02-11: 11%

12-17: 13%

18-24: 16%

25-39: 24%

40-49: 11%

50-59: 12%

60+  : 13%

02-11: 10%

12-17: 11%

18-24: 12%

25-39: 26%

40-49: 13%

60+  : 16%

Around 42% of ticket sold were over 35 in 2016, 48.4% over 35 in 2017 with the trend going up every year toward older audience.

In home ent, TV, physical buy, VOD, would not be surprised if it is even holder where the revenue come from then the younger population.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Celebrities with millions of followers have been promoting the James Gunn petition, while the Snyder Cut campaign didn't get that kind of exposure. Gunn's firing was also reported everywhere, while the Justice League behind the scenes drama had a very limited reach, so people in general have no idea that there is an unfinished director's cut of JL, even. The Snyder Cut petition numbers are more impressive.

I think we have a good example of "the obsessed fanboy" here, folks.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

And given the JL lost money, I doubt Warners is going to spend the money to "finish" the Snyder Cut..if such a thing exists,of which I have doubts.

Snyder had his shot at the DCU and it failed. He is going to play a minor role, if any in the DCU from now on.

Just accept reality, and move on.  Seriously. Rejecting reality always comes around to bite you in the butt.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Hard to have figure for post theatrical but at the box office, do you have a source for this ?:

percentage of ticket sold by age group:

2-11: 11%

12-17: 13%

18_24:16%

25-39: 24%

40-49: 11%

60+: 13%

2-11: 10%

12-17: 11%

18_24:12%

25-39: 26%

40-49: 13%

60+: 16%

Around 42% of ticket sold were over 35 in 2016, 48.4% over 35 in 2017 with the trend going up every year toward older audience.

In home ent, TV, physical buy, VOD, would not be surprised if it is even holder where the revenue come from then the younger population.

Then you have the question if it's a case of people over 35 giving up the movies, or that the movies have given up on audiences over 35,preferring to pander almost totally to the 18 to 30 Male demo?

I think the death of the mid range film is a disaster for film as an art form.