Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Brie Larson Isn't Respected In Hollywood As Captain Marvel And Here's Why

Gee, trying to make people forget that your prediction that Captain Marvel would bomb at the box office has fallen flat it's face?

Give it up, guy. Everybody here knows you will post any crap as long as it badmouths Marvel Studios or any of their product.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 3
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

RT now at 80% with 6.81 avg (305 reviews)

did not know that Playboy was on RT??

Naturally still looking forward to see it tomorrow (i am a cat person :D )

From what I have been reading, the cat steals every scene she is in...

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Gee, trying to make people forget that your prediction that Captain Marvel would bomb at the box office has fallen flat it's face?

Give it up, guy. Everybody here knows you will post any crap as long as it badmouths Marvel Studios or any of their product.

"Batman v Superman is beloved." That view point, supported by nothing, will never not be humorous. By the way I'm a DC shill but I'm a realistic one, I criticize poor choices. 

14 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Can't we put all this audience score controversy to rest already? The CinemaScore will be out tomorrow anyways and if WOM is truly mixed, then it will be accurately reflected in the letter grade. 

Cinemascore is an A. I guess that’s the last word on Captain Marvel. 

Quite likely now that the average phase 3 WW gross will be over Civil War. I’m not one of those “MCU will decline after Endgame and never recover” people, but the 2016-2019 run is something that could be difficult for it or any other franchise to replicate for a long, long time.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. 

Think about those figures relative to each opening weekend. 

42 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Interesting info from Deadline's latest update:

That breakdown compares poorly to Wonder Woman's OD which was 52% female. If that ends up holding throughout the weekend, I think the film wasn't as appealing to women as was expected (maybe the lack of a love interest played a part?) and that prevented it from hitting the $170-180M OW range.

• Astonished 1

18 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

People always get mad for the 0s, but noone mentions the 10s

I interpret it this way:

I look into where the main spikes are beside the 1 and 10.

Lets say the majority is at 7, the next big one at 8 = to me that looks like an 7.2, 7.5, 7.8,... depending on the % for the 8

Than the 10s are probably the younger ones, fans, fresh out of the cinema, but the 1 more than questionable, especially if there is only sparse ratings under 4 or 5

It the majority is at 4, the next at 3, than the 1 are probably GA, who couldn't find an access to the story, genre... and many of the 10 done by the 'blind fans' aka trolls or similar

Edited by terrestrial
one zero too much changed the whole point

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Quite likely now that the average phase 3 WW gross will be over Civil War. I’m not one of those “MCU will decline after Endgame and never recover” people, but the 2016-2019 run is something that could be difficult for it or any other franchise to replicate for a long, long time.

Uhmm sweetie, the Avatar sequels start next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

average 7 movies per phase, yep, to hold that on a high niveau I guess ppl shouldn't expect to see often. Especially as not a lot of franchises get so many.

Bond could get split up in similar groups per actor playing Bond e.g.

Star Trek looks to be out for bigger groups nowadays, the old ones were nice then fo the times then.

Mission Impossible might rech that count, but wont be a multi-groups thing

LotR world needs one additional movie... did you hear that Newline!?

After Shazaam the DC really will have built up quite a superhero crew.

Batman, Supes, Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Women.

It honestly baffles me how poorly Justice League did and I fully expect a recovery.

• Like 4

He told LADbible: "I imagine it would be weird to step in and do another character.

"I can certainly imagine directing a movie, you know - if they [DC] would have me - if it was something I was passionate about.

"It's not about like kind of closing doors on stuff, I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to do that one [next Batman film], so it became time to let someone else take a crack at it."

would be pretty funny if he did end up actually directing another dc movie but I highly doubt it. 

I posted this on the weekend thread, but fun fact:

5/6 of 2020's funnybook films with be written and/or directed by women. Which one won't? The one starring Jared Leto.

13 minutes ago, TMP said:

I posted this on the weekend thread, but fun fact:

5/6 of 2020's funnybook films with be written and/or directed by women. Which one won't? The one starring Jared Leto.

Don't recall being so in the dark on what's upcoming.

Which 6 exactly? Because he's not in Spawn, Bloodshot or Kingsman 3.