Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, Hades said:

Hmmm...Wonder who they will cast to play Black Widow's sidekick..

Is Black Panther the exception because of Martin Freeman donning that role? 

I legitimately don't get the obsession with sidekicks for much of these Marvel IPs.

3 hours ago, Hades said:

Cap Marvel has like 3 in her film...and the Ms marvel and not joined the MCU yet...

Kamala Khan isn't really a sidekick of Carol's in the comics, at least from what I've read.  She's inspired by her, occasionally interacts with her, but she by and large seems to do her own thing to the extent that a teenager trying to hide her abilities from her family can.

And Kamala has a sidekick of sorts of her own; a brainiac science guy, who happens to be white.

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Well, I’m confused. Is Bumblebee a reboot or not? At this rate, the Transformers series will be the new X-Men film series in terms of just how confusing and disjointed the continuity is. 

It was announced has a spin-off if I remember correctly.

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It was announced has a spin-off if I remember correctly.

It was announced as a prequel originally, but representatives at Hasbro said about a month ago that the movie was going to be the start of a “new storytelling universe”, which gave pretty much everyone the impression that the movie is now a reboot. 

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

Pretty interesting videos from Patrick Willems on the MCU:

tl;dw = he's a GOTG fan, but that has in part to do with his professed favorite ongoing cinematic universe being Fast & Furious