Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

13 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

DC fans will not let this go and I see it getting very nasty if DC can finally beat Marvel in 2020.   

It won't even if they "finally beat..."

The Skwad Oscar thing was a good meme.

fans and children of all ages need superheroes to deliver them amphetamines or opioids so they can feel good enough for themselves and others

minorities have gotten almost all the roles in movies, but I don't know if inclusion is good enough for empowerment.  bringing in politics adds to the flavor of film, 

Edited by Slave Animal Rights
  • Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

I also think that James Cameron becoming part of the Disney family as of next Wenesday (when the Disney/FOx deal takes effect) is driving them nuts since they all seem to hate Disney.

And I don't get why they have to badmouth just about everything except James Cameron films...

Dubbadubbadublab with the classic they hate everything but Jim line.

No Dudlad, just assembly line filmmaking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

alright, I just want to speak to shit like this. I’ve worked at a theatre that had the experience of the studio pre-buying tickets for a movie. How this dude and his “reports” are describing it is 100% incorrect. I’m not going to say which movie or which studio, but basically what happens is that the studio “buys” a lump sum of tickets throughout the week, but these hundreds of tickets that are “bought” for each screening do not initially show up in the box office computers on the tills. So if the movie only has 3 “real” customers in it, it will say the movie has 3 people in it, but in the records (which I don’t know how they are kept) show the hundreds or thousands of other tickets sold (in all seriousness, it might even just be a lump sum rather than a precise # of tickets but I’m not sure).

But this idea that a studio would bother “pre-purchasing” 10-20 tickets ahead of time for each showing is ludicrous. Advanced ticket buyers don’t show up all the time, and I can attest to that. It happened with infinity war last year, pretty much any Star Wars movie, BatB, I even remember it happening for Jungle Book. Customers come in the next day saying they forgot and wanting to exchange their ticket. Also, when a movie is “sold out” it is rarely EVER sold to 100% capacity unless the theatre has assigned seating. Managers usually stop selling at about 97-98% 

• Like 3

Some DC films suck big time, Marvel films are almost always good but too often generic/formulaic, Aquaman was awesome, and Captain Marvel was very good. I love all comic book films, I mean liked Venom despite that it was worse than Suicide Squad. I grade all of them on a big curve.

Both sides have unreasonable fans that root for the failure of the other which is insanely dumb if you like to watch SH movies. I hope Captain Marvel does over a billion and I hope Shazam shatters all expectations just like Aquaman did.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Don’t forget. 

You must choose. 

There can only be one. 

I refuse. I love DC and Marvel, warts and all. I also love Avatar, once the sequel comes out my daughter will be old enough to experience the greatness of the first one and most likely the box office shattering second one.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

9 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

I don't condone that but yes they partly brought it on themselves.  Like I said Marvel fans massively attacked after TDK gained the edge over IM leading to massive flame fests  as Marvel fans wanted badly to take TDK down which of course happened in 2012.  DC unable to get back in the fight until now has made many places beyond toxic.  Furthermore the massive bias towards Disney/Marvel over the years has not helped.

Look at the way Marvel/Disney fans and the media were cheer leading MPR returns during Xmas. Reporting that Aquaman had no chance and would get curbed.  Instead the opposite happened and the Disney/Marvel fans rightly got shit for it.  

DC fans will not let this go and I see it getting very nasty if DC can finally beat Marvel in 2020.   

Not 2019? 😯

8 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Like I said Marvel fans massively attacked after TDK gained the edge over IM leading to massive flame fests  as Marvel fans wanted badly to take TDK down which of course happened in 2012. 

Did you ever even wonder why some Marvel fans (definitively not the majority) started to hope it will earn more money than TDKR? Maybe you were more in DC focused threads and missed how every time a movie got released that might have 'threatened' its standing in ratings, BO,... a lot of fanatics (not fans, a fan is not willing to do such) appeared and down-voted/-rated those e.g. at IMDb, spoke very aggressively to other fans, belittled fans for being fans of 'childish' or 'inferior' material,... and celebrated their then successful down-rating e.g. also old classics in the top 250 there to get 'their' movie up.... and were rather nasty in their wording.

RT ratings became proof for whatever. BO became proof for whatever. Then dom was more important than WW,...

And then critics dared to rate TDKR as not good,....

I did during 2012 and earlier (Avatar a few months before till some time afterwards) a count, how many Marvel or Avatar fanatics were at TDKR agitating (not many, but 2 of those were extremely bad), and how many TDKR supporters at other movies' threads (a lot of very arrogant speaking, more than 2 handfuls very bad).

I found no proof for its influencing the BOs in an considerable way and left then those 'fan war' similar threads in the diverse forums.

But I did learn out of reactions from both sides there and elsewhere how much disgusted the not-over-the-top-screamers aka normal fans were, DC lost fans during that time, Marvel also......

At that time I did follow the whole insanity, coming over per Avatar's thread experiences, there the TDK fanatics were already very very bad behaving. I think those small minority of fanatics caused a lot of 'wars'/fights till up today, people's trigger is still faster.

Not the fans fault, its the fanatics fault.

I have the MCU in my focus of analysing details early on bcs of its unique approach, but not as a fan of its movies during the time Avatar got released (in opposite to seemingly the majority of MCU fans I am not liking the character of the character Tony Stark, and IHulk wasn't that good).

I still watch DC movies, but I stay far away from DC threads. And Avatar related threads beside loving the movie very much for several reasons.

And have a few MCU and DC and Avatar... fan(atic)s on ignore.

How to respect them, if trying to belittling others or other material is their main 'weapon'?

My theory is, if someone needs their fandom to be superior to that extreme degree (as in not having even the slightest similarity to the usual fandom needling, not the usual in good faith 'who will be best' / what somebody likes best..., need as in literally need it), something is wrong.

I think the majority of all franchise fans are simply normal people who happen to root for their 'team''s' material, but are able to discuss more or less balanced (exception: some might loose a bit of that during a nasty fight, but that's probably human). Means in general accepting that others like other things without judging them to be something inferior for it.

Not all realise at once when an agitator / war monger arrives, as a few of those are sometimes rather clever in their wording, incl bcs they do not expect others to be an agitator, are new to ... and so on.

I belief not every agitator does this for being a fan(atic) reason, some seem to simply love to stir up others, cause chaos,....

I think at IMDb I had in my signature ~ a fanatic is not a fan.

It was often way worse there than here.

14 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I think those small minority of fanatics caused a lot of 'wars'/fights till up today, people's trigger is still faster.

Not the fans fault, its the fanatics fault.

That's /co/ in a nutshell, probably where Warmaster comes from. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 2:54 PM, Pure Spirit said:

Hey guys check out the CGI in this early 90s movie I found. Really inspiring how far we've come since.

giphy.gif

Compare that to the CGI from a movie released in 2019. It truly is amazing what we're capable of now. It's almost like you're on the ship of dreams itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

All movies have bad CGI. I suspect it will be horrible somewhat in Shazam. Aquaman had some horrendous bits mixed in with overall awesome effects IMO of course. 

I mean sure Avatar was really good for when it came out but sweet christmas how long did it take to render?

• Like 1