Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Screen shot of First Man bad CGI ?

I haven't seen it 😞. For shame I know. My movie rate plummeted when I moved to a different country with no support system. I see like 95% less movies than I did in America.

The timming of this is hilarious. He was fired on the week the Fox shareholders were voting on the sale, and now he's reinstated as the director on the week that the Fox purchase is completed. Not to mention it was revelead by THR that Marvel Studios never even went after other directors for GotG 3.

Disney ain't fooling no one.
Edited by SirPetras
  • Astonished 2

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

All movies have bad CGI. I suspect it will be horrible somewhat in Shazam. Aquaman had some horrendous bits mixed in with overall awesome effects IMO of course. 

I mean sure Avatar was really good for when it came out but sweet christmas how long did it take to render?

The bit with colonel whatshisname in the hulkbuster suit was pretty poor.

9 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

What was the point of this scene? There is like 99% chance of poisoning if you taste the ground on an alien planet

The star wars world seem to not have the notion of your immune system not use to the environment, same for fire and the presence of oxygen, sound capacity to travel and empty space

37 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

What was the point of this scene? There is like 99% chance of poisoning if you taste the ground on an alien planet

I'm pretty sure the point is to show it isn't "another snow planet" since fans would complain that ATAT + white surface = Hoth 2.0.  

The Gunn story just proves what a crock of shit the whole DC/Marvel feud is. You are going to see a lot of writers, directors and actors move between Marvel and DC. And as long as they fulfill their contractual obligations, Marvel and DC don't care. They are professionals, and have no time for stupid crap like mindless feuds. They leave the stupidity for dumbass fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

The bit with colonel whatshisname in the hulkbuster suit was pretty poor.

So apart from the Hulkbuster joke, is the rest of the post a joke too or god forbid are you serious?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

It's actually common for geologists to taste rocks.

Also it wasn't like this was unknown planet, the Resistance knew exactly what Crait was. If the ground was toxic, they wouldn't have even sent soldiers outside.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

The Gunn story just proves what a crock of shit the whole DC/Marvel feud is. You are going to see a lot of writers, directors and actors move between Marvel and DC. And as long as they fulfill their contractual obligations, Marvel and DC don't care. They are professionals, and have no time for stupid crap like mindless feuds. They leave the stupidity for dumbass fans.

Tell that to Nobel Prize winner David Ayer who shouted at the Suicide Squad premiere :

" Fuck Marvel "

Edited by The Futurist

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

So apart from the Hulkbuster joke, is the rest of the post a joke too or god forbid are you serious?

Read this before, most blockbuster CGI is still stuck on that Avatar standard, which is to say 10 years later CGI is only as good or worse than that 10 year old movie.

The praize Shazam is getting from first reactions remind us how critrics detest larger than life stories, especially in the funny book context.

Make your movie little with few characters and stakes and they will fap on it.

Edited by The Futurist