Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

32 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I love the way the over the top Cameron fanboys deny they equate making a lot money with being a good film, and then do exactly that in trying to prove that Avatar is a great film....

Where did anyone in the Jim Gang ever say “Avatar was a great movie because it made lots of money”? Take your time, we’re a patient bunch.

think schitts creek GIF by CBC

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't think they are making a separate DC streaming service, they are just promoting DC content as a selling point for the service.

And you do know that the whole point of the streaming service is they can offer more then one show/movie at a time?

They already have a separate streaming service specifically for DC content. It’s called DC Universe. 

43 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I love the way the over the top Cameron fanboys deny they equate making a lot money with being a good film, and then do exactly that in trying to prove that Avatar is a great film....

Nah, this is just a bit of enjoyment after enduring weeks of blatant insults to Cameron, his fans and his films from many posters on this site, all the belittling of Avatar's historic run and all the overconfident pre-mature Endgame 3B predictions.

To justify Avatar's quality, there are lots of other means.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I'm don't even consider myself a JC fanboy, but I can appreciate there's some high quality "foot in your mouth" right there.

I've even seen JC fanboys around here claim Avatar is among their least favorite JC movies. It's more like they gloat about JC's ability of appealing to the GA. Among a lot of other gloating.

All the gloating even gets on MY nerves. But you know what sucks? (and I'm sure you do) They have good reason to gloat.

My best cinema experience was taking my mother (almost 50 years old at the time) to see Avatar, I had just good fun, but she turned to me and said "Is this what movies are now...? Have... have I been missing out on this!? That was amazing.". That's what makes me understand why Avatar did what it did, it made many people feel something new, unprecedented immersion.

Does that make Avatar the greatest movie of all time? No, but I won't dare confuse my mother for three hours by showing her Endgame, and she saw some of the MCU movies. It's a great season finale, not a movie. So all this bickering between the fandoms is just apples to oranges in my eyes. But I have to say, in this apple tasting contest, when I see people rooting to replace the top apple with an orange and stumble, it does give me some schadenfreude.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

Sure i watched avatar back in dec 2009 4 times in a row  because i knew it would make nearly 3b$ in the end. 🙄

Over the top Avatar haters never stop to amaze me.  Since nearly 10 years they are trying so hard to bad mouth this movie and it fans. And yet failed everytime.

Edited by dignam
  • Like 5

How to translate dudelab posts.

Cameron fans hate EVERY FILM but Jim ones!

Meaning: I'm upset some of them don't like the MCU

Cameron fans think money = quality

Meaning: Its not fair Avatar is number 1, it should be a good film like TFA!

The trick is not to take them literally.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

GET THE CONTENT ENGINE FIRED UP JIMBO. 

This will be a reckoning for the ages. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Movies like T2 or aliens didnt break any records, but consider (not just by cameron fans) to be the greatest action sci-fi movies ever made. 

I'm a die hard cameron fan not because of the money his movies make, but they appeal to me like no other movies. 

Man i will never forget the hype for T2, i was like 13 years back in 1990 and holy s*** this movie blew my mind. Since then i watched T2 like over 100 times, i have nearly 6 versions of the movie.

- original videotape with the original case from 1991 ( yeah i still have it)

- 3 dvds ( original, ulitmate edition, special edition)

- 2 blu ray ( special edition, digital remastered)

So i didnt have to mention that T2 is my all time favorite movie, followed by avatar and aliens.

Edited by dignam
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dignam said:

Movies like T2 or aliens didnt break any records, but consider (not just by cameron fans) to be the greatest action sci-fi movies ever made. 

Aliens is my favorite movie of all time. T2 is probably top 5. I must have seen both 200 times each. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dignam said:

I must have watched the last act of Aliens on VHS a hundred times.

My dad used to watch T2's title sequence again and again to test his brand new home video setup so loud it made the floor rumble. Like I would be in my bedroom playing Legos and suddenly a deafening "DUHDUH DUH DUH DUH" bursting out from the living room. T2 is pretty much ingrained in my DNA at this point.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, WhiteWings said:

Does that make Avatar the greatest movie of all time? No, but I won't dare confuse my mother for three hours by showing her Endgame, and she saw some of the MCU movies. It's a great season finale, not a movie. So all this bickering between the fandoms is just apples to oranges in my eyes. But I have to say, in this apple tasting contest, when I see people rooting to replace the top apple with an orange and stumble, it does give me some schadenfreude.

Kind of the same experience here, I actually dozed off several times during Infinity War, not a bad movie though in retrospect, but I just kind of lost interest half way through. I remember distinctly playing Civil War for my mom (my second favourite MCU movie actually, behind GOTG), to fill her in on what's "relevant" in today's culture, and she was pretty much fighting to stay awake the whole time.

Now when I mention if she wants to do a Infinity War + Endgame marathon with me at some point, she's like: "oh don't torture me!" :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hey everyone

It's possible that both "Avatar" and Marvel Cinematic Universe movies can exist as good-to-great films simultaneously.

This by far the dumbest back and forth I've ever seen in my life.

Edited by I Am
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, I Am said:

Hey everyone

It's possible that both "Avatar" and Marvel Cinematic Universe movies can exist as good-to-great films simultaneously.

There can only be one #1. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I Am said:

Hey everyone

MCU movies are average and don't push movies forward as a medium, all while using material made for the kids of the 1950's.

• Like 5

On 6/7/2019 at 12:39 AM, dudalb said:

I don't think they are making a separate DC streaming service, they are just promoting DC content as a selling point for the service.

And you do know that the whole point of the streaming service is they can offer more then one show/movie at a time?

I wouldn't be shocked if DC Universe is repositioned as a DC version of Marvel Unlimited and the DC films and TV series go to the new Warner streaming service. 

On 6/6/2019 at 11:24 PM, Deja23 said:

That WB streaming service is a steal at that price for people already subscribed to HBO. But for those who only subscribed for specific shows (GOT, BLLs, etc.) and cancelled shortly after each season, or weren’t subscribed at all, this price offers little incentive to join. It’s not like HBO or WB content library is super family friendly either. And families are major users of cable and streaming services. I did HBO for $5 when it was offered through my cable. When I canceled cable, it made no sense to start paying $15 each month for movies and shows I barely watched when I had it for $5. Netflix at least has family friendly and international content that my whole family including my younger siblings could enjoy even if I was only using it infrequently. With HBO at that price, I’d need to use it weekly to feel it’s worth it and adding WB’s library and DC original shows won’t make me more likely to do that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Boomerang is folded into the new streaming service just so there is the animation library and new family friendly content.