Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, The Futurist said:

Tele refers to these movies as decent & ok, Tony Stark never had that chance.

"Decent and okay" is also IM1, GOTG, and CA2 (and I guess CA1 too). To a lesser degree also THOR. "Good" is AVENGERS, though now it's probably slipping down a bit towards "decent and okay", and CA1, on rewatch, moved up a bit. :P I'd rewatch CA1 and AVENGERS over any current DC movies, if I had to choose. None of the current CBM universes have movies that I totally love or even find that interesting. But most of them I don't think are awful.

• Like 1

Super Marvel fans are hilarious because of all the moving of the goalposts and hypocrisy. I like both Marvel and DC movies but the people who are super pro-Marvel are just crazy.  If a movie has under a 2.30x then word of mouth must suck and everyone must hate it but then Civil War has a shitty multiplier and there are a thousand excuses.  It doesn't pass IM3 and there's excuses for that.   Spider-Man was introduced in a lazy way but they try to sweep those things under the cover.  The final battle scene in SS with the random gooey enemies was "awful"  but yet it's an ending that we see in the first Avengers movie and even Age of Ultron. The dance sequence to close out Ronan the Accuser was terrible too.

If these people would just agree that most movies from DC and Marvel have the same patterns, same flaws..  we wouldn't need a thread like this. None of these fucking movies are brilliant pieces of filmmaking. Stop pretending they are anything more than popcorn fun and enjoy them for what they are.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Super Marvel fans are hilarious because of all the moving of the goalposts and hypocrisy. I like both Marvel and DC movies but the people who are super pro-Marvel are just crazy.  If a movie has under a 2.30x then word of mouth must suck and everyone must hate it but then Civil War has a shitty multiplier and there are a thousand excuses.  It doesn't pass IM3 and there's excuses for that.   Spider-Man was introduced in a lazy way but they try to sweep those things under the cover.  The final battle scene in SS with the random gooey enemies was "awful"  but yet it's an ending that we see in the first Avengers movie and even Age of Ultron. The dance sequence to close out Ronan the Accuser was terrible too.

If these people would just agree that most movies from DC and Marvel have the same patterns, same flaws..  we wouldn't need a thread like this. None of these fucking movies are brilliant pieces of filmmaking. Stop pretending they are anything more than popcorn fun and enjoy them for what they are.

Civil War was both well received by critics and audiences, made over $400 million and over $1 billion. That's why no one either cares about its multiplier or thinks it was because its word of mouth was terrible and everyone hated it. Then you put it next to Batman v Superman and Civil War is a Rolls Royce Phantom while Batman v Superman is a Chrysler 300.  It's not rocket science. It's not even moving the goal posts and hypocrisy, it's just relative. As relative as saying it didn't pass Iron Man 3. Financially speaking, not a single CBM has in the last three years domestically, internationally or worldwide outside of Avengers: Age of Ultron. Iron Man 3 since 2013 has been moved five spots and it's still at number ten of highest grossing movies of all time worldwide. You don't have like Marvel's movies but at the moment, they're much more consistent and highly regarded than DC's, even as popcorn fun.

• Like 9

19 hours ago, BKB LOVES HILLARY said:

But that's not the way your post came across dude, so get over it.

I wonder how the posts before me came across , you know , the ones that actually accused the admins of bias. :rolleyes: no need to get over anything , all is good dude .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

YES!!!!!

Maybe this will finally end the whole "toxic word of mouth" BS talk about Suicide Squad. It is a hit and audiences are not hating it, like so many people (here and on media platforms) kept claiming.

Good for the DCEU.

Of course, I expect someone to soon start claiming that this week's hold is due to a million other reasons BUT audiences enjoying the film.

Yep.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Oh look, we all have different tastes, who'd have thought that was possible eh?

I suppose I could go on and on about how Apocalypse was the best superhero movie this year and how y'all must be crazy stupid to think otherwise but meh, who's got time for dictating what people must like or dislike? Certainly not me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Haley Ross said:

You don't have like Marvel's movies but at the moment, they're much more consistent and highly regarded than DC's, even as popcorn fun.

I hate to break it to you but nobody is lamenting over even The Dark Knight trilogy which was higher regarded than any other comic book franchise.  So if you believe that "Civil War" is having some lasting impact in film then you are crazy. All the shit you just typed out is cool for the moment but you are missing the big picture. At the end of the day, these are all largely forgotten.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I hate to break it to you but nobody is lamenting over even The Dark Knight trilogy which was higher regarded than any other comic book franchise.  So if you believe that "Civil War" is having some lasting impact in film then you are crazy. All the shit you just typed out is cool for the moment but you are missing the big picture. At the end of the day, these are all largely forgotten.

Your idea of the big picture is worth more being missed than spotted. And on the contrary Johnny, I don't care what impact or lack thereof that Civil War has on film or its history. I just liked that it was a great comic book movie. When I speak of being more highly regarded than DC, I'm not talking about film history, I'm just talking about at the moment in the critics and the eyes of the audience. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

:bourne:

Arlborn, I'm not looking at the movie from purely a one and done financial standpoint. On that level, SS is doing very well. No, I'm looking at a bigger picture. I'm looking at the fact that people are praising even bragging about the movie making as much as it has in spite of being critically panned. Making money alone is a very poor indicator of quality and those same people don't see that let alone comprehend it. They don't see how the DCEU is building its foundation on sand and eventually the tide will come in. Even worse, they don't see that by rewarding mediocrity, they will only receive more mediocrity. Look at the Transformers franchise for example. Their movies have only gotten progressively worse as they have made more and more money. I don't want that for the DCEU but that's what they're going to be if they or the fans in general don't see any problems with how they do things.

• Like 1

If you were really looking at the bigger picture you'd understand that this movie made Robbie an even bigger star and a Harley Quinn solo is going to do extremely well. 

Also, for the last time I do not care about critics in the same way that you do. You believe their word on film holds value for you and should hold weight with me but it doesnt. They can be useful but they can also write things, often do, that I do not personally agree with. I often go into movies completely cold without reading thoughts from anyone on them.

• Like 1