Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

• Community Manager
14 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

This is the 3rd straight movie they have done that is mediocre. This isn't sudden. They haven't improved, they've only gotten worse with time. They're not trying hard enough or smart enough. And since I think they're enjoying mediocrity at its finest then they're excited for more mediocrity and blaming everyone else but the movie for its own flaws. 

Making a movie is really hard. Making a good movie? Even more difficult. I think they are trying hard enough but they've just come up short twice. Hopefully they get it right with Wonder Woman for I would like a strong DC cinematic universe.

40 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

Regardless, it would be wasted on them and I don't care to waste my time being nice to people who haven't earned it. 

No, not "regardless". You are either a nice and respectful person or you aren't.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

We are not worthy of your kindness , oh almighty one!Please forgive us for we have sinned! I watched BvS 8 times in the cinemas and SS 3 times , oh how the fires will feast on my flesh from the very pits of hell. 

Joking aside , barely 10% of those fans accuse the critics of being payed or made petitions or death threats , those exist in every fandom. The Avenger's first rotten review got death threats you know. I am a fan and I'm happy those movies succeeded financially because I want to see more. Can they be better ? Of course , WB KNOWS that we want better. It's not like the company isn't going all out hiring talents with academy awards recognition and spending a lot of money. They lack guidance and I think they will get there. WB WANTS to make good movies. Stumbling along the way is not going to stop them from trying to be better in the future even with the current financial success , and they earned my money fair and square because I totally enjoyed myself for the ride!

sevenminutesinheaven___mirokuxreader_by_

People were losing their shit in the Civil War thread every time a new rotten review popped up like there must be SOMETHING wrong with these people, how DARE they don't like the latest installment in the MCU.   Then the movie has a big opening, does very well overseas and has a very mediocre multiplier. So you know, maybe not everyone did LOVE it. There is that possibility. Or there's so many Marvel movies now that certain folks haven't cared to keep up with them.

My issue with some Marvel fans is that they refuse to try and understand why a lot of people like the DCEU.  I'm sure after the 12.2 number came out today more people were surprised. 41% drop?  HOW?!?  Well, because there's an audience for SS and people like it.  Get over it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

People were losing their shit in the Civil War thread every time a new rotten review popped up like there must be SOMETHING wrong with these people, how DARE they don't like the latest installment in the MCU.   Then the movie has a big opening, does very well overseas and has a very mediocre multiplier. So you know, maybe not everyone did LOVE it. There is that possibility. Or there's so many Marvel movies now that certain folks haven't cared to keep up with them.

My issue with some Marvel fans is that they refuse to try and understand why a lot of people like the DCEU.  I'm sure after the 12.2 number came out today more people were surprised. 41% drop?  HOW?!?  Well, because there's an audience for SS and people like it.  Get over it.

Its multi is going to be similar to Apocalypse's; do you think that had good WOM?

Edited by WrathOfHan

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Its multi is going to be similar to Apocalypse's; do you think that had good WOM?

Higher than Civil War but recently it seems all big openers have shitty legs even Ep7 had poor legs for a holiday release. Its just par for the course increasing fan fueled openings lower legs

22 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

... even Ep7 had poor legs for a holiday release.

I agree with your overall sentiment but not this: TFA had remarkably good legs for such a huge opener. In terms of Friday openers, I think it beats everyone but AVATAR (for, say, legs on OWs over $50m).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Higher than Civil War but recently it seems all big openers have shitty legs even Ep7 had poor legs for a holiday release. Its just par for the course increasing fan fueled openings lower legs

LET'S NOT EVEN START ON THIS INSANE STATEMENT

• Like 2

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

I think that one is a little one sided.

The real love triangle in the Captain America movies:

Cap + Tony

robert-downey-jr-captain-america-3-civil

and

Cap + Bucky

tumblr_n47h9ssV0e1qlqsnio2_500.gif

Otherwise it wouldn't be so one-sided!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Cap + Bucky

tumblr_n47h9ssV0e1qlqsnio2_500.gif

Otherwise it wouldn't be so one-sided!

Marvel should just stop trying to set Steve up with Emily Thorne/Amanda Clark and just #MakeCap&BuckyACouple already. The plot to the most recent Captain America movie would've been much more plausible if they had.

• Like 2

Force Awakens had probably insane, abnormal, unusual repeat business.

Just judging by BOT & other places I went to, plenty of people went to see the movie at least twice hence fantastic legs for such a giant opener.

Star Wars in America is not a franhise, this 

THE Franchise.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

This is a bad opinion.

Exactly what I consider the opinions of those who consider Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad good, even great movies. Just because one has an opinion doesn't mean it can't be questioned, that it's beyond reproach. Opinions can be wrong and nobody owes your point of view or mine any respect simply because it is ours. Frankly, I expect that my opinion on the DCEU around here wouldn't be respected at all because thus far I have no respect for anything the DCEU has done and don't consider their efforts or results acceptable by any means. I think there is far too much apologizing and not enough harsh criticism. I remember people for years laughing at the Transformers and the Twilight franchises for their high grossing but ridiculously poor quality movies. I bet not a single person here made any arduous defense of those franchises. I know I didn't. That was due to two things, because I didn't care about those franchises and because I agreed with them. 

6 hours ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Joking aside , barely 10% of those fans accuse the critics of being payed or made petitions or death threats , those exist in every fandom. The Avenger's first rotten review got death threats you know. I am a fan and I'm happy those movies succeeded financially because I want to see more. Can they be better ? Of course , WB KNOWS that we want better. It's not like the company isn't going all out hiring talents with academy awards recognition and spending a lot of money. They lack guidance and I think they will get there. WB WANTS to make good movies. Stumbling along the way is not going to stop them from trying to be better in the future even with the current financial success , and they earned my money fair and square because I totally enjoyed myself for the ride!

I would be okay with just halfway decent but even that seems to be too great of a hurdle for them. I'm sure they want to do well but they're going about it all the wrong ways and rewarding them with money will not make them better. In fact, if you look at the last three years, the only thing they've accomplished is make money and make Man of Steel look like a far better movie than it was.  All the behind the scene nonsense about the editing and the reshoots. I'm still beside myself that they delayed Batman v Superman for almost a damn year and that garbage is what they released into the theaters. People get the Ultimate cut and say it was so much better, then what the fuck did I go to the movies and spend my money for? If I knew their best work was going to be on the goddamn blu-ray, I would have never gone to the theaters and they knew that so they basically double dipped.

I almost laughed when Arlorn posted that Yoda meme and then nearly responded with "ya think?" Yes, I am furious. I don't like being jerked around by anyone, not even a movie. Suicide Squad was the last straw especially when that petition to shut down came out. I really wondered what the hell did they expect? It was a bad movie. Neverminding the critics on RT, even the audience percentage for both Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman was lower than the worst received of the movies from Marvel Studios. They're not just stumbling, they're falling flat on their face and blaming the sidewalk for tripping rather that their own two left feet. There's zero accountability and the fact that even some fans have become comfortable with that irritates me to no end. You're all hopeful that the next movie and the movie after that will be better. I'm not so convinced. With Wonder Woman, WB got a model. With Captain Marvel, Marvel Studios got an actress. To me, that's the state of things between the two studios right there. If that makes me an MCU stan, then so be it. Quality product and a handsome profit for the studio to make more movies, who would have thought? This is the same studio that had the Dark Knight trilogy for god sakes and they made boatloads of money. They didn't just have standards, they set them. Surely somebody there must be thinking, "didn't we used to have higher standards than just making money?"

Edited by Haley Ross
  • Like 2