Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Every Jim Gang poster is worth atleast 10 marvel clones.

Hahahahahahaha,

What Jim gang poster are you talking about??

Whar are the posts that make you worth than 10  "Marvel clones"?

You mean The same crap you and your so called "jim gang" repeat in every thread?

here are what your "informative" posts say:

Iron Jimbo: AVATAR will make 4B, this "insert big movie name" is less impressive than Avatar.

Pure spirit : EG is corporate trash.

Ncsoft: 42% expansion, 76% increase.

JCS: he apparently open BOT everyday to remind us of jim box office dominance.

Yes, these posts are really worth 10  comments from other members who make predictions and provide numbers.

tenor.gif?w=584

Edited by Permanent Magnet
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Time spent making Avatar: 12 years. Time spent making Avatar 2: 12 years. Time spent making Endgame: 1 year.

One of these is not like the other.

Honestly, there's been so much "well if you look at it THIS way..." that I may as well chip in

Time Spent Making Avatar: 12 years

Global box office: 2.788B

Global box office per year of making the movie: $232 million

Time (allegedly) Spent Making Endgame: 1 year

Global box office: 2.760B (est.)

Global box office per year of making the movie: $2760 million

Therefore it is indisputable that Endgame is 11.9x (or 1190%) more impressive than Avatar :ohmygod: 

Spoiler

I'd just like to point out that obviously this is stupid as hell, as is all of this "well if you look at it THIS way"

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Hahahahahahaha,

You mean The same crap you and your so called "gim gang" repeat in every thread?

Iron Jimbo: AVATAR will make 4B, this "insert big movie name" is less impressive than Avatar.

Yes, these posts are really worth 10  comments from other members who make predictions and provide numbers.

tenor.gif?w=584

Yep, this is pretty much the gist of it.

49 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Hahahahahahaha,

You mean The same crap you and your so called "gim gang" repeat in every thread?

tenor.gif?w=584

Who are you did you make an account for this?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Who are you did you make an account for this?

Who are you did you make an account to trash on every franchise and be the voice of JC?

Anyway dude, I hope JC is paying you for your efforts😅

Edited by Permanent Magnet
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Who are you did you make an account to trash on every franchise and be the voice of JC?

Anyway dude, I hope JC is paying you for your efforts😅

no intelligent life found on mars

• Like 2

I've been on holiday so not been keeping up with the latest news. Does anyone have an update on when EG will beat Avatar? 

I also managed to cause a grown man to cry, I say cause, but I think the responsibility is on poor box office educators on the internet. The poor fellow bet his yearly bonus of £2000 that EG would beat Avatar by the start of June, and I allowed him to extend his timeline to the end of the month (I was even willing to allow it to go all the way, but a gamble is a gamble). The entire debacle made me think those in their early 20s really need to be more critical of what they read on the internet. 

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I've been on holiday so not been keeping up with the latest news. Does anyone have an update on when EG will beat Avatar? 

I also managed to cause a grown man to cry, I say cause, but I think the responsibility is on poor box office educators on the internet. The poor fellow bet his yearly bonus of £2000 that EG would beat Avatar by the start of June, and I allowed him to extend his timeline to the end of the month (I was even willing to allow it to go all the way, but a gamble is a gamble). The entire debacle made me think those in their early 20s really need to be more critical of what they read on the internet. 

Why the hell would he do that? Would he have doubled it if he was right? And I know your first statement is kind of sarcastic, but funnily enough it’s in the "maybe sometime in the near future" zone it’s been at for a while now.

21 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

What a fool I feel bad for him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What a fool I feel bad for him

It may have been a good bet after opening weekend if he got something out of it. It almost sounds like he just was so confident he bet his bonus. Would be less foolish if he got a better bonus if he won, a detail I’m not sure about. Still dumb to do though, this stuff is too unpredictable to bet money on.

Edited by Doctor Stark

3 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Why the hell would he do that? Would he have doubled it if he was right?

To answer your first question - I'm a director at the firm and it's well known among the employees that I love James Cameron (and they take this to be synonymous with Avatar as many of them have no idea who James Cameron is). I don't hide it - I have large framed posters of Aliens and Avatar on my office walls. The guy is one of out trainee employees, and had the audacity to come into my office one day and offer me a bet, now I admired his courage to even come in and proposition me. Answering your second question, I agreed, and perhaps because I was quite certain that he was making a silly mistake that he was going to lose, agreed to wager my own bonus against his. I get a % of the annual profit as my bonus, and this year that came to just under £30k post-tax, more than he earns in a year. 

Now, I must make clear, I agreed to the bet, I signed a legally binding agreement to ensure that I would pay up, and was more than willing to lose that money. I always say that one should not gamble more than they are willing to lose, I believe in this case he had been blinded by his own social circles of the fact that Endgame was 100% guaranteed to beat Avatar. 

If it reaches September and EG does indeed beat A as some here are speculating, I will happily give him double his original bonus back merely as a reward for showing great courage, even if it was backed by a foolish self-confidence. As it stand though... I shall be putting his bonus into my Avatar merchandise fund. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Compared to Ratatouille I’d argue both Avatar and Endgame are corporate trash.

I disagree with this assessment, I'll have you know though Ratatouille is one of my favourite films ever, I like it as much as Titanic, and more than Avatar.

Avatar was an ambitious vision and risky venture which paid off hugely, while Ratatouille was another Pixar home run (granted putting Mice in kitchen as cooks is risky as well). 

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

To answer your first question - I'm a director at the firm and it's well known among the employees that I love James Cameron (and they take this to be synonymous with Avatar as many of them have no idea who James Cameron is). I don't hide it - I have large framed posters of Aliens and Avatar on my office walls. The guy is one of out trainee employees, and had the audacity to come into my office one day and offer me a bet, now I admired his courage to even come in and proposition me. Answering your second question, I agreed, and perhaps because I was quite certain that he was making a silly mistake that he was going to lose, agreed to wager my own bonus against his. I get a % of the annual profit as my bonus, and this year that came to just under £30k post-tax, more than he earns in a year. 

Now, I must make clear, I agreed to the bet, I signed a legally binding agreement to ensure that I would pay up, and was more than willing to lose that money. I always say that one should not gamble more than they are willing to lose, I believe in this case he had been blinded by his own social circles of the fact that Endgame was 100% guaranteed to beat Avatar. 

If it reaches September and EG does indeed beat A as some here are speculating, I will happily give him double his original bonus back merely as a reward for showing great courage, even if it was backed by a foolish self-confidence. As it stand though... I shall be putting his bonus into my Avatar merchandise fund. 

Wow, ballsy bet. If I’m reading this correctly, he would have more than doubled his salary if correct, assuming you wagered your entire bonus against his much smaller one. I can understand why losing that would make him cry, but it seems you had much more to lose than him. He really can’t complain. At least he has a chance at a consolation prize...

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I watch John Campea for audio noise purposes everyday, the guy he talks to : Robert Meyer Burnett, was absolutely certain that Endgame would surpass Avatar by its third weekend. The entire Internet did think Avatar would be toast by sometime in May, to be fair to the guy,  he probably just followed every single voice that sold him so on a daily basis :lol:

17 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Now, what they don't know is that you're also an active member in a community that gathers some of the worlds most knowledgeable people in box office ;)

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1