Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Nice story! I only feel sorry they never allowed legally betting on B.O. (a Hollywood exchange of sorts).

Then some of us would get even richer. :) (And most of the common folk - like this poor Endgame dude - even poorer.)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Haha 2

Let's be real. If JC wanted to re-release an upgraded version of Avatar right now, it would definitely pull in more than $100m worldwide. IMO no matter what happens with Endgame, when Avatar 2 releases in 2021, Avatar will be the box office world champ. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Is anyone else of the opinion that EG has impacted the demographic of the BO tracking landscape? I'm personally quite happy to see more people interested in the business, but have seen grumbling by others. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Is anyone else of the opinion that EG has impacted the demographic of the BO tracking landscape? I'm personally quite happy to see more people interested in the business, but have seen grumbling by others. 

Meaning? 

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Big movies tend to do that.  Titanic, TPM, Avatar... all did that to a certain degree.   I always welcome newcomer to this topic.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Meaning? 

Lord knows

Any time something breaks records or* gets close like EG (shattered OW record which will last for 10+ years) people get more interested. I'm sure there was more interest after Avatar's run however it took sooooooooo long it may have been different. 

Avatar 2 assuming it gets 1B in China and approaches the record will do the same. It will come a lot faster as it will die in theaters several months earlier. 

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

In the long run, this is good development because I've noticed over the years box office tracking is sort of on the decline, this place isn't exactly as lively as back in 2015/2016 either. So we need a boost in numbers of box office fanatics. 

Though if some of the posts I've been seeing in the past two months are anything to go by, I think while enthusiasm is awesome, newcomers need to realize that as much as it is about the raw numbers, box office is often also an exercise in historical perspectives, only with that, can people start to have a more objective view of box office runs through different eras in this rapidly changing market, and appreciate box office runs from different periods, this also helps to better put recent box office runs in perspective.

In short: got a lot to learn still! :P

4 hours ago, Hydrogen said:

So is Avatar actually going to lose or what? I see a lot of different stories in the news will end game need one more re-release? 

Yeah seems like. Theater count is flat for next week was fantastic PTA from last week. Will be way close in a couple weeks with another 6 weeks of run left