POTUS 2020

STAR WARS PREDICTION CONTEST. Winners Announced

For the 1B+ predictions, that's >100M tickets, which we haven't had any film do since Titanic.  Why is that going to happen here?  PM's literally the closest we've had since then and it still missed it by 15M tickets.  

Edited by spizzer

14 minutes ago, spizzer said:

For the 1B+ predictions, that's >100M tickets, which we haven't had any film do since Titanic.  Why is that going to happen here?  PM's literally the closest we've had since then and it still missed it by 44M tickets.  

I've TPM around 85M tickets so missed 100M by 15M not 44.

26 minutes ago, spizzer said:

For the 1B+ predictions, that's >100M tickets, which we haven't had any film do since Titanic.  Why is that going to happen here?  PM's literally the closest we've had since then and it still missed it by 15M tickets.  

According to my calculations...

TPM's ticket sales plus OT quality equals 100+ m tickets sold. :ph34r:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, baumer said:

That betting site doesn't have anything about SW on it.  They'd lose all their money if they were seriously offering that bet,

This site says the O/U is 1 billion

http://www.oddsshark.com/entertainment/star-wars-episode-vii-force-awakens-betting-odds-posted

then the actual betting site sports interaction, had it at 1.8b, 1:5 odds for the over, it was 1:3 2 weeks ago. even money to beat avatar

Its no longer posted, I guess they took I down yesterday

this site has an O/U to beat avatar pays 6/4 https://www.betfair.com/sport/special-bets and special bets on character and oscars

intrade an exchange was a great site but got shut down like other betting sites a couple years ago

I found this one but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of action https://www.predictious.com/entertainment this is an exchange like intrade that buys and sells contracts like futures Right now even money is at 265m for OW. the way it work is you buy or sell short at 5~. if it happens it goes to 10, doesn't it goes to 0. over 280m can be bought at 3. if it hit you get paid 10 and make 7. It looks illiquid though, I wouldn't touch it

Regarding the betting site losing? usually not. a proper book just matches bets and take the vig at no risk

• Like 3

I am visiting this site (domestic section) after a long time..... and when I opened this thread and saw all the predictions.... I was like....... WHAAAAAT!!!!

Maybe I'm completely off the track here as I haven't been following any news/reports, but here it goes....

OW: 140M

DOM: 500M

WW: 1.4B

Edited by Fake
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fake said:

I am visiting this site (domestic section) after a long time..... and when I opened this thread and saw all the predictions.... I was like....... WHAAAAAT!!!!

Maybe I'm completely off the track here as I haven't been following any news/reports, but here it goes....

That's ok, it will lower our insane averages :P

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fake said:

I just don't see how it finishes with 500 anymore.  That just seems way too low when it's almost for certain going to be at 400 after 10 days MAX

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fake said:

Presales are approaching 100M. Shattering the previous record held by DH2 at 45M so yeah 140M seems ultra ultra conservative. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fake said:

Yes, that's it :P

• Like 1