#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

42 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

You know what, we can all speculate until the cows come home but the bottom line is the next 10 week days are going to play like summer weekdays but the difference the weekends will play like Christmas weekends...so just for arguments sake:

247 weekend off a 57 mill Sunday:

Let's just say it follows something like 2010

Monday:  37

Tuesday:  36

Wednesday:  36

Thurs: 25

Christmas Day:  50

Sat: 60

Sun: 48

And that's not unrealistic.

That's 540 million by the end of Christmas weekend.

Can this really pull off 3 $60m+ non consecutive days? I think it would be the first time a film has ever done this in history, right?

Over $500m in 10 days, Jesus Christ. That's beating the previous record by a whole fuckin week! 0.0

17 minutes ago, peludo said:

$158m second weekend... it would be absurdly great. Avatar could be done after 3rd weekend and billion would be in play. And the most absurd thing is that it could happen.

If that happened it'd never been broken for a longgggggggggggg time.. That's just crazy. :blink:

1 hour ago, Baumer Fett said:

You know what, we can all speculate until the cows come home but the bottom line is the next 10 week days are going to play like summer weekdays but the difference the weekends will play like Christmas weekends...so just for arguments sake:

247 weekend off a 57 mill Sunday:

Let's just say it follows something like 2010

Monday:  37

Tuesday:  36

Wednesday:  36

Thurs: 25

Christmas Day:  50

Sat: 60

Sun: 48

And that's not unrealistic.

That's 540 million by the end of Christmas weekend.

I hope this happens. Let the greatest movie franchise take its rightful place on top the perch and kick the ladder away so no one can reach it. 

• Like 5

I remember months ago when i thought my 150mil OW and 460mil total by end of New Year weekend prediction was doable but optimistic lol.

It could be at 600mil by the end of New Year weekend.

I also don't think a 150+mil Christmas weekend is out of the question (if wom is as good as some of you suggest), i can only imagoine the amount of familys that will be going to see the film that weekend.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CJ Ren said:

I am honestly super curious about which movie will do 70M on a Saturday. It feels like the maximum a movie can do is 69M. It is the 3rd time a movie stops at 69M on a Saturday.  

Well TA1 adjusts to 75M.

By the way I'm not saying my numbers that I had on the previous page are absolutely going to happen I'm just saying they could happen. That is essentially following avatars trajectory. Not sure if it will hold that well during the week and increase that much next weekend but it just gives us some perspective as to what the possibilities are.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

By the way I'm not saying my numbers that I had on the previous page are absolutely going to happen I'm just saying they could happen. That is essentially following avatars trajectory. Not sure if it will hold that well during the week and increase that much next weekend but it just gives us some perspective as to what the possibilities are.

I know, just think it's insane that those crazy figures are still within the realm of possibilities..:lol:

• Like 1

so around 240m OW seems likely domestic.

for Australia, 27m (which is the equivalent of 260m US) is now in the ballpark as our sunday hold might be flat or just under from saturday (which was already a record as it was :P ) - thanks RTH

just wow... :ohmyzod::wub::jedi:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, zackzack said:

$250M is sexy, orgasmic beyond insane.

$230M-$240M is doable but you will be bruised & battered by the time you get to the top.

But $220M is like a nice plain-looking girl you finally settle down with.

Costello: When I grow up I'm going to marry a homely girl. 

Abbott: Why would you do that.

Costello: cause a pretty girl is likely to run away

Abbott: a homely girl is just as likely to run away.

Costello: yeah, but who cares!

• Like 2