#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

Its crazy that SW7's opening weekend total is a total that most summer blockbusters would be more than happy to get for their final gross!.

Hehe, if it opened last year, say in the summer, Episode 7's OW would have made it the second biggest film of the summer.

• Like 2

broke global opening wknd record too w/ staggering $529M which does not even incl world's #2 movie mkt China.

Weekend Actuals: ': TFA' $247.9m; 'Chipmunks' $14.2m; 'Sisters' $13.9m

Turns out STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS is the #1 opener of all-time globally too, as final worldwide numbers now tally $529M.

BREAKING: New 'Star Wars' movie opens with record $529 million globally: Disney

With lucrative week ahead, looks on track to shatter $400M mark on & $500M on SUN.

Final 'Star Wars' Box Office: $248M Domestic Opening, $281M Overseas

• Like 4

Disney... you should have pulled $2.1 million from THG!  Nobody would care!  Now, for Monday... ?

Monday: $40 million, -33%

Tuesday: $34 million, -15%

Wednesday: $33 million, -3%

Thursday: $23 million, -30%

Friday: $51 million, +125%

Saturday: $42 million, -18%

Sunday: $40 million, -3%

A man can hope, right?

6 minutes ago, Tubes said:

Updated Avatar run:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-21%20at%203.34.1

I think a $40 million Monday is going to happen.  At the very least, it's going to break the Monday record and probably Tuesday too.

If FA follows those numbers all the way up to New Years, I'm calling it quits on BO tracking because nothing will ever top that in our lifetime.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Excel posted on KJ that he thinks this record will last a decade. This is exactly the kind of thing he was posting about BVS before this weekend. :lol:

He actually may be right about TFA for once. It would be cool to see this last the longest for any OW record ever.

• Like 2

$18 away from a $60K PTA. 

But epic opening. Truly something to experience. We may very well be looking at the first billion grosser domestic.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

If FA follows those numbers all the way up to New Years, I'm calling it quits on BO tracking because nothing will ever top that in our lifetime.

Those are awfully ambitious numbers. I mean, I guess it's stupid to count SW out, but they seem way high, especially this Monday and Wednesday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Well what coming up is going to break this weekend?

Rogue One - no

SW8 - possible but unlikely

AVATAR 2 - Its not a fanboy driven film so no.

BVS - lol

Avengers 3+4 - nope

That's about it for the next few years. Another SW is the most likely candidate, but even that is unlikely. It curb-stomped the OW record and we are unlikely to see a film this hyped for a long time, maybe ever.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

Those figures for SW7 for the period after Xmas seem to be optimistic, as by then a large percentage of the viewing public, who would of wanted to see the film, would of done so by then. I realize there will be many repeat viewings, but at the same time, there are some other big films being released at Xmas as well.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens, and who knows SW7 could do something at the box office, that none of us have seen before.