#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

6 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

When you look at 220m opening by itself that's fantastic. When you look that it came off 57m previews - not so much.

But then you consider it stayed flat Friday to Saturday on the pre-Christmas weekend and realize expecting a big increase was a bit silly.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... as April hits and SW sputters out at 734m.

It'll be amazing if the thing that stops it from beating Avatar is BvS. 

17 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

It's not even going to get the Saturday and Sunday all time record at this rate!  What a failure! /s

How my club breaks down is gonna be interesting. 

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Ooooooh that s cute, everyone is hoping now for batshit multipliers so Star Wars beat the ugly blue people.

Aaaaaawwwwww, kitten cute.

Not sure if serious

It needs a 3.46x to just pass Avatar. That's on the low end of December openers, lol. This will have a 3.5, minimum.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Hope it gets at least 70m today. 250m OW would just be too epic. I can't wait to follow the rest of its run.

I wonder why the estimates got so crazy last night. The enormous pre sales probably threw off industry tracking models.

Yep, pre sales fucked up everything.

5 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Not sure if serious

It needs a 3.46x to just pass Avatar. That's on the low end of December openers, lol. This will have a 3.5, minimum.

We re in uncharted territory about everything here, a huge anticipated franchise film released in December.

The early signs of SW being frontloaded are here.

I know which season we re in, different than summer but it won't play like the average December release, it started way too high to do that.

Jurassic World was backloaded.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

I went to the mall after the movie and it was pretty packed today. As I went in FYE to pick up the Complete Saga blu-ray collection there were many people buying Star Wars Pop figures. As I was checking out the guy said that tons of people have been purchasing various editions of the series throughout the day. There was a little girl in front of me so excited she found a BB-8 and a Finn Pop figure. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

I do think it's worth considering that it's the biggest Saturday for shopping, so it might not be totally awful. 

Not totally awful. I'm glad you're here to tell us these things. Chewie! Take the Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!

• Like 2