#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What if Deadline is overprojecting by 10% again.  Sub-55...

Deadline's suggesting that competitors are projecting higher but they're sticking with Disney's 60M projection.  FWIW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spizzer said:

Deadline's suggesting that competitors are projecting higher but they're sticking with Disney's 60M projection.  FWIW.

Disney's going to be under balling their projection, so if it's higher, how much higher?

Just now, The Panda Menace said:

I don't think Deadline is over projecting, I think they may be under projecting because they were way over yesterday.  Over correcting?

I have no idea, I mean it's getting the OW unless disaster really

Needs a a sub 52 million Saturday to miss the record.

Also weird that it's following the same trend of sky high predictions like AOU did and slowly falling just like it. Hope it doesn't fall anymore and the next report has a raised number.

Could mean a big Sunday, if Saturday underwhelms just like there. I remember with Jurassic World the number just kept going higher. Curious to see how this will play out. Just want to see it take the record by more then a few million.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeepCSC said:

This could be the first time the OW gets broken at the same time it's called a flop opening. SW makes us all crazy.

I mean people called AOU a flop opening and it was the 2nd biggest ever at the time. That reminds me that this year had three of the four biggest openings ever. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JeepCSC said:

This could be the first time the OW gets broken at the same time it's called a flop opening. SW makes us all crazy.

Would be the first weekend record to be a letdown. Maybe Deadline and Disney are playing Jedi mind tricks. Fuck em. West Coast will come through. $72m. 

12 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What if Deadline is overprojecting by 10% again.  Sub-55...

My guess Disney is lowballing Saturday after 130-145M Friday. Plus DHD report doesn't make sense since it directly contradicts Rth/Gitesh about matinee sales "insane" vs lagging behind. 

• Like 1