druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

8 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I think today is the day we learn if $1 billion is truly on the table or not. Today needs to be in excess of $30 million for it to still be feasible. Anything below that and I'd wager (no that's not an offer lol) that $1 billion can't be achieved.

I'd be really surprised if this does less than $30m today.

9 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I think today is the day we learn if $1 billion is truly on the table or not. Today needs to be in excess of $30 million for it to still be feasible. Anything below that and I'd wager (no that's not an offer lol) that $1 billion can't be achieved.

Not necessarily today.  The storms are likely affecting Saturday night, Sunday, and today.  We need to see if it can pick up some of the steam it lost from the Midwest storm on whether or not it hits 1b.

• Like 2

What's up with ya'all? The atmosphere 'round here seems dead and dormant. Looks like holiday hangovers, shitty weather, and a merely gargantuan 2nd weekend performance from TFA sent everybody into the Doldrums. Definitely not as fun as a week ago. What will it take to get everybody in the mood to party again? $35 million Monday????

11 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Would make it safer, especially in the US, where some areas are heavily affected by some severe weather every year.

forgot to add:

the telefon... happens not via power lines, we have a forest/wood directly beside us, if the lightning strikes in a under ~ 50m distance and wet air... it's enough for those.

I forgot if I know or not: in which country do you live?

THE HATEFUL EIGHT opened with $4.61M this weekend from 100 locations.

2 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

What's up with ya'all? The atmosphere 'round here seems dead and dormant. Looks like holiday hangovers, shitty weather, and a merely gargantuan 2nd weekend performance from TFA sent everybody into the Doldrums. Definitely not as fun as a week ago. What will it take to get everybody in the mood to party again? $35 million Monday????

Most are perturbed by a less-than-expected Sunday number, I think.  I know I'm in a "wait and see" approach pending the weekday holds to determine just how much the weather influenced that "steep" Sunday drop.

So yeah, $35M would probably do it.  Actually, $35M out of any week day this week would probably do it.

All IMAX shows at my theater today are sold out. That includes the 11:30 p.m. show. My 12:15 show was 80% full and the 12:45 show was 75% sold out when I got in. This is all for Star Wars of course. Going to be a very busy day in Toronto today for Star Wars.

• Like 1

pro good Monday = CAN holiday

contra good Monday = bad weather (worst since '50 headlines) in some states

adjusting:

maybe also bcs we have estimates since including Thursday = 4 days of estimates in a row

Weinstein:
The Hateful Eight                        $4,610,676    --                100    --        $46,107        $4,610,676    
Carol                                          $1,093,571      373%      180    164       $6,075        $2,877,882    
Macbeth (missing)

Disney:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens    $149,202,860     -40%    4,134        0    $36,092    $540,058,914    
The Good Dinosaur                         $3,783,746    -13%    2,134    -621      $1,773    $105,350,933    

Bridge of Spies                                  $148,410    -35%       126    -132      $1,178      $70,286,589

• Like 1