kayumanggi

LIFE | 03.24.17 | Sony | current gross ● 29.94 M

11 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think it can raise above expectations. Adult targeted with very good reviews. 20M is not out of the question imo

Yeah I think 20m can happen but a couple months ago I think I said 25m wasn't unreasonable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

General Audiences have been reduced to Pavlovian reactions.

Saliva is being secreted only if there is a Brand somewhere.

So I guess Get Out and Split didn't happen then.

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

So I guess Get Out and Split didn't happen then.

M Night is a brand.

Get Out is the best film since Citizen Kane, The Godfather and Empire Strikes Back, it got people s attention and curiosity a bit.

Just now, The Futurist said:

M Night is a brand.

Get Out is the best film since Citizen Kane, The Godfather and Empire Strikes Back, it got people s attention and curiosity a bit.

If M Night's a brand it's one that's had a bad rep. Also Get Out's amazing but that's not why it broke out @The reasons you provided

2 hours ago, Nova said:

If only Jake was taller :sadben:

...ehh, I mean, I don't think his height is necessarily a problem if he bulks up adequately. Tom Hardy's Bane was pretty much the same size as Batman, but imo he was just as easy to take seriously as any other villain in the franchise (except the Joker, of course). That is, if you didn't mind his voice, which I didn't.

But ultimately, I still wouldn't really cast him as Cable, anyway. Gyllenhaal is one of the best actors in the world, but I'd rather see a bunch of other people play Cable than him.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

March 22, 2017
How this by-the-numbers sci-fi horror managed to blast free of the DVD bin and engage A-list stars like Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds is hard to figure out.
Full Review | Original Score: 2/5

And that is exactly what I've also got from all its trailers...

And the only possible answer for why this got made and released now - is that someone is trying to cash on the Alien 5 hype... :)

3 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

And that is exactly what I've also got from all its trailers...

And the only possible answer for why this got made and released now - is that someone is trying to cash on the Alien 5 hype... :)

What Alien 5 hype? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Is Alien 5 even happening at this point?

Yes it is. Don't you just feel all the hype surrounding it. 

PS before anyone thinks I'm trolling the Alien franchise know that I'm a huge fan. The original Alien is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's why I got so excited for this. 

• Like 1

March 22, 2017
A slick, suspenseful and stomach-churning sci-fi thriller, Life is the perfect Alien movie right now for those getting all twitchy waiting for the next Alien movie.
Full Review | Original Score: 3.5/5

Hope you finally get the point the Shay is making!

Edited by shayhiri

3 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Hope you finally get the point the Shay is making!

I don't get the point your making. 

So it has a similar plot to Alien. Thats not something that the creators hid or anything. There are tons of remakes, sequels etc. People watch them. 

If you're a fan of the Alien film series or sci-fi films in general, you'll probably like this. Thats me. Thats why I'm going to watch it. Its not any different than the folks who decide to watch reboot after reboot. For crying out loud the biggest movie right now is a scene for scene live action remake.