kayumanggi

LIFE | 03.24.17 | Sony | current gross ● 29.94 M

Ever heard of piracy and/or copycat-ing?

I am an established artist (writer) myself - always stayed original - and don't like people copying what I've established.

Just saying. This here looks like a complete B-movie knock off. No way the Shay takes it seriously.

PS: And double all those negatives for the nasty audacity with which it places itself two months ahead of the real thing.

Blergh! Cheap cheaters. Last I've seen these tactics employed by Sy Fy Channel. :rolleyes:

Edited by shayhiri

This wasn't bad. As far as an Alien/The Thing/Gravity knock-off goes. Doesn't come up with anything classic on its own, but it knows what it is and it does the job.

However, I thought the ending was a MAJOR misstep. But I'll take that to RTM.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

This wasn't bad. As far as an Alien/The Thing/Gravity knock-off goes. Doesn't come up with anything classic on its own, but it knows what it is and it does the job.

However, I thought the ending was a MAJOR misstep. But I'll take that to RTM.

I've heard about the ending. I don't know what happens just that some folks hated it whereas some folks loved it lol I'm seeing this tonight so I'll see which side of the fence I'm on.  

Hopefully you at least liked the movie :) 

An incredibly well crafted sci-fi movie with great performances, an intense atmosphere and a shocking ending. 

If anyone wants to know if it is a Venom prequel the answer is:

Spoiler

No

• Like 2

I'm so disappointed. 

I was supposed to watch this in an hour but when I went to buy another ticket for a friend of mine the showtime was no longer there. I called my AMC and they said the screen it was supposed to be on broke so the show times for tonight aren't happening there. I guess the Alien broke it.

I'm pissed though because I didn't get an email or a text message that my show was cancelled even though I ordered the tickets online. Gonna have to wait until Tuesday or Thursday of next week now :(

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

How does this translate to dollars?

I'm not sure with this weekend because BatB is also opening. Normally I'd say around USD15m for both but I suspect closer to USD30m is more likely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I'm not sure with this weekend because BatB is also opening. Normally I'd say around USD15m for both but I suspect closer to USD30m is more likely. 

:ohmygod: 

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

Most intense film ive seen in quite a while. I simply loved this film. I loved it from start to finish. 

Might be a 10/10

Glad you loved it Baumer!! Seeing other members enjoy it has me even more excited. 

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I second @CJohn:ohmygod:

• Like 2

Just now, baumer said:

Go see it asap

I was supposed to see it tonight but the screen it was playing on broke :sadben:I might just catch a matinee sometime this weekend because I work the nights. Otherwise I'd have to wait until Tuesday 

• Like 2