kayumanggi

LIFE | 03.24.17 | Sony | current gross ● 29.94 M

8 hours ago, PDC1987 said:

Saw this just now, a 9/10 for me.

It's depressing and disheartening that LIFE will be yet another brilliant film that has toxic word of mouth and thus tanks at the box office after the OW simply because...

Reveal hidden contents

General audiences really, really need to expand their horizons. Film is an art form, not just cheap entertainment meant to make them feel happy.

THIS.

• Like 2

I loved the idea of the ending (after all, how many mainstream studio movies can we say end with

Spoiler

the implication that humanity is completely fucked?)

, I wished that more thought had been given into how it gets there instead of rushing there.

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I loved the idea of the ending (after all, how many mainstream studio movies can we say end with

Hide contents

the implication that humanity is completely fucked?)

, I wished that more thought had been given into how it gets there instead of rushing there.

That's how I felt about it. It wasn't the ending itself. Just how they got there aka the execution. 

On 2017-03-27 at 0:35 PM, Jake Gittes said:

There's nothing artful about the ending. 

Eh... there's nothing artful about the movie. It was alright, I guess, but all I kept thinking was: it's like Alien, but a lot worse. It's like The Thing, but a lot worse. It's like Gravity, but a lot worse.

I liked the ending, btw. It fell right in line with the whole B-movieness of it all.

3 minutes ago, Telerian said:

I traumatized and enraged CJohn and Baumer in our WhatsApp chat. 

:thinking: 

You called one of their favorite movies of the year a waste of time and awful. 

What did you expect...a crisp high five. 

Now if only this conversation happened on these forums :ph34r: Imagine how many emojis and all cap size 55 letters we would have gotten from Cjohn. 

What a wasted opportunity 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

On 3/27/2017 at 5:02 AM, Boxofficerules said:

I'd say the biggest problem was that the trailers made it look so generic and uninteresting.

1 hour ago, Telerian said:

This movie is awful. I felt like I literally wasted my time watching it. 

I don't know about awful but like the trailers it was generic and uninteresting.   And boring and predictable.  

Spoiler

How could I guess that they all would consistently break their rules and do stupid things that continually meant they would fail to contain the problem. 

I had no problem with the ending.

Spoiler

I would have been disappointed if it had ended any differently

15 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

I don't know about awful but like the trailers it was generic and uninteresting.   And boring and predictable.  

Hide contents

How could I guess that they all would consistently break their rules and do stupid things that continually meant they would fail to contain the problem. 

I had no problem with the ending.

Hide contents

I would have been disappointed if it had ended any differently

The ending made me apoplectic with rage.

It was such a pile of cheats upon cheats, just for a stupid "psych!" reveal.

Then again, I suppose that's part and parcel with the movie in general. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We all know Tele was close to walking out when:

Reveal hidden contents

More like

why is this fucking rat even there and why are they constantly cutting to him from the first scene onwards? Is he literally just fucking strapped down the entire mission? How does he eat? WHAT FUCKING POINT DOES HE SERVE?

:rofl: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Telerian said:

More like

Hide contents

why is this fucking rat even there and why are they constantly cutting to him from the first scene onwards? Is he literally just fucking strapped down the entire mission? How does he eat? WHAT FUCKING POINT DOES HE SERVE?

:rofl: 

Spoiler

In a movie in which everyone (including, as it's implied, humanity) dies, they had to get in an animal death somehow.