WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

700M WW is a lot without china.

Well, China must've not played THAT big a part in Matrix 2's record at the end of the day (if at all), so if crazy hype can lead to that kind of number (because WOM must've not really been that good for Matrix 2, it is kinda pretty shitty if you ask me), well so can crazy hype + crazy good WOM, as is the case w/Deadpool.

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Any intelligent person to give us hypothetical Deadpool numbers if it had 3D and I-Max ?

It has IMAX. If it had 3D and China 1B would have happened.

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I think we're on different wavelengths, I think you mean WW as in overseas...I'm including domestic total into WW #.

Which means 500 million overseas would be crazy.

It is probably gonna do around 400M OS. 

Just now, The Futurist said:

Any intelligent person to give us hypothetical Deadpool numbers if it had 3D and I-Max ?

I don't think it would have added that much to its gross. It's a great movie, but it's not a spectacle like TFA or Avatar, which makes people put those pricey glasses on.

This opening is like a punch to the face. Just when you think you've got BO figured out, it throws out something completely unexpected. These numbers are so huge they are unbelievable. On Thursday I was thinking around 70m for the 4-day. Which would have been fantastic. But it's going to more than double that. The most optimistic predictions didn't even come close.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

what is interesting about Green Lantern is that it had a decent opening despite the bad buzz. Again showing why the Ryan Reynolds is a disliked actor theory was always dumb

There was some audience familiarity with Green Lantern I think that helped its opening weekend, or opening day to be specific. I think its opening day was similar to X-Men: First Class a few weeks before and then it dropped off Saturday. I do think they nailed the Sinestro casting with Mark Strong who literally looked like he was pulled straight out of the comic.

18 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Deadline said it made 2.3M in IMAX on Thursday night so it does have IMAX.  If it sold the same amount of tickets with 3D (30% RealD), it would've done ~155M, and around 175M through President's day.  I can give a more accurate calculation on Tuesday once all the numbers come in.

1 hour ago, spizzer said:

Fucking awesome.  And no 3D is the icing on top.

PLF screens at 465 repped 13% of Deadpool‘s FSS or $17.6M. That’s the biggest R-rated opening for the PLF format, knocking out its previous $8.7M high from American Sniper.

:o Crazy.  I'm guessing ~12% from IMAX (hopefully we get a number tomorrow, could be lower), so around 13.5 - 14.0M tickets sold through Sunday and with 155M, 15.5 - 16.0M tickets sold through Monday.  For perspective, with a 30% RealD share on top, the same amount of tickets would be the equivalent of ~150M for the 3-day and ~175M for the 4.5-day. :blink:

• Like 2

Thoughts without going into details (I'll save that for the RTM thread):

Funniest movie I've seen in quite a while. The lines hit about 85% of the time.

Ryan Reynolds is going to play this role longer than Hugh has played Wolverine. 

TJ Miller was great but underused;ight have had the best line in the movie though.

Action was serviceable. 

Ajax was a cookie cutter villain, as was the story. Those are my biggest issues with the movie, otherwise I had a blast. 9/10

My audience was primarily 20-30 year olds, a couple of families with teens and some kids looked no older than 8! Trailers: BVS (Doomsday, not the new one; no reaction in the audience), Central Intelligence (laughs), Suicide Squad (YESSSSSSSS! Laughs at Jai), and :apocalypse: (No reaction)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My audience was primarily 20-30 year olds, a couple of families with teens and some kids looked no older than 8! Trailers: BVS (Doomsday, not the new one; no reaction in the audience), Central Intelligence (laughs), Suicide Squad (YESSSSSSSS! Laughs at Jai), and :apocalypse: (No reaction)

Damn, only trailers i seen today was just horror movies and movie going back in time.

Edited by drakeyuuhi