WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

6 minutes ago, Joel M said:

OMG.

I seriously don't get it. I mean 80-90 mil would be a huge breakout for this movie but THIS!!!!

What Matrix Reloaded's OW adjusts to because it might even go over that. And Reloaded was probably one of the most hyped movies of this century.

Like 133m.

• Like 2

And what is even more impressive and something that I keep forgetting, this did this without 3D! And obviously with an R rating which was supposed to significantly impact it's OW.

Without those factors it still beat all of these major heroes. That's hard to wrap your head around.

• Like 2

"If it were in 3D how much more would it have made?" - Well the production budget would have gone higher. Probably 3D worthy scenes would also have to be added affecting the pace of the movie. 3D for no reason puts people off now and affects the wom.

"If it were not R-rated how much more would it have made?" - It would have made less. It's making this much thanks to how it's content was marketed. That content was R-rated. It had to be R-rated else it would be a different movie.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

Damn and it still has not dropped on Flixster, most big blockbusters would have fallen at least a point by now but this has stayed at 96% (4.6/5). It's fallen from 8.7 from 8.8 on IMDB. Not dropping that hard there either.

The last time I saw IMDB boards be this positive about a big blockbuster was Fury Road. Most of the complaining there is about new "fake fans" and audiences ruining the movie by laughing at everything. Negative posts about the film aren't in the usual abundance there.

Edited by somebody85

couldn't see deadpool last night sold out , amount of people bitching when they arrive and see its sold out pffff

couldn't see star wars either wtf ok seriously there are like 2 showings 11am and 10pm sold the fuck out ,those repeat lovers trying to squeee one in one last time , i'm gonna try too but that was this one cinema its a big one (37 screens) so they had to shuffle it around 

so i ended watching free love with julianne moore and juno chick ; they didnt have much chemistry like couple in carol but i wasn't the only one crying , i hate injustice i don't care whether a person is gay straight bi or trans ,they're still a frigging human being and deserve to be treated with humanity bigotry is the evil spawn of ignorance!

then i followed that by jane got a gun now movie itself was ok and had the decency of not overstaying its welcome time wise but did it need to be made ? ...nope !

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

People keep on using Hugh Jackman's name as if the WOLVERINE movies made 200 M.

Can you guess what is the only movie with X-men in its title to not adjust to 200m?

I'll give you a hint, its the one that doesn't star Wolverine. History says X6 will drop below 200m.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Can you guess what is the only movie with X-men in its title to not adjust to 200m?

I'll give you a hint, its the one that doesn't star Wolverine. History says X6 will drop below 200m.

Also, if it's the green screen fest that the trailer has showed us, that's something that Singer clearly isn't cut for, see Jack Something Something from 2013. Poor reviews like that one, a lack of Wolverine and showing up after three huge superhero films might be enough to Apocalypse be this year's STiD at best... or Fant4stic at worst.

People keep on using Hugh Jackman's name as if the WOLVERINE movies made 200 M.

The Wolverine is the third highest grossing movie of the franchise WW. It goes: Days of Future Past, The Last Stand, The Wolverine. I guess now with Deadpool it will be the fourth.

Deadpool projections:

FRI: 47.5M

SAT: 42.5M

SUN: 44.0M (134M 3-DAY)

MON: 16M (150M 4-DAY)

TUE: 8M

WED: 6M

THU: 6M

FRI: 14M

SAT: 21M

SUN: 13M (48M WEEKEND, 218M Cume)

With 45% weekly drops, it will finish with 300M+!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fake said:

Deadpool projections:

FRI: 47.5M

SAT: 42.5M

SUN: 44.0M (134M 3-DAY)

MON: 16M (150M 4-DAY)

TUE: 8M

WED: 6M

THU: 6M

FRI: 14M

SAT: 21M

SUN: 13M (48M WEEKEND, 218M Cume)

With 45% weekly drops, it will finish with 300M+!

How crazy it'd be if it has even lower drops? :o

i'm not particularly surprise at deadpool numbers ,people are hungover on tfa , here comes something new and fun lets check it out at the very least ...

good news its not flaming out , esp good for RR poor thing has had to work hard for a success 

3 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Can anyone help me with this please:

Who have the rights for Deadpool merchandise? Marvel or Fox? and How much profit is the part of Marvel in this movie?

Pretty sure Marvel is only making money off the toys and comics that will benefit from this movie's success.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Can anyone help me with this please:

Who have the rights for Deadpool merchandise? Marvel or Fox? and How much profit is the part of Marvel in this movie?

Judging how insanely popular Deadpool is in the comics and the lack of his toys compared to the Marvel Studios characters and Spider-Man, I'd say he's part of the infamous deal that Fox gets a hefty percentage of the merchandise money from every stuff that Marvel sells that are X-Men or Deadpool related. Unfortunately. By the way, I fucking NEED a Deadpool action figure for my home office. I just own a Deadpool so far, but I'm planning to get Batman, Superman, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man and now Deadpool from their movie series. Deadpool probably won't get a movie figure so I'll have to settle for second best.

• Like 1

CV will probably do IM2 numbers. There really not that much hype there. Before are sick of the same thing.

Still not convinced BvS will be this massive opener Either. MOS didn't have great WOM, the trailers have been anything special. It could easily open to 150 and suck

Suicide squad will he bigger than both.