WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Dear Spizzer, have you come up with a conclusion if Force Awakens has sold more tickets than  Phantom menace, Adjusting Lord ?

:jeb!:

Yes.  Like >88M without accounting for discount Tuesdays/child tickets/etc.  If it can crawl to mid-930s that'd be >90M tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

I haven't seen him in anything other than JC, battleship and wolverine. Probably not fair for me to judge. He was terrible in wolverine, okay in JC and actually quite entertaining in battleship.

Kitsch as Tim Riggins in Friday Night Lights is both one of the best written and acted roles I've ever seen on television.  He can do things with the right material, but he and his agent have made some bad choices, clearly.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Wow. Just… wow. When covering the box office you get used to a certain level of hyperbole, but I am here to tell you that the hype is all real when it comes to Deadpool.According to studio estimates, the Tim Miller-directed pic has earned an incredible $135 million for the three-day weekend and is headed above $160 million for the four-day holiday frame. That is nearly double what the industry expected from the R-rated superhero pic. And, just to be clear, had Deadpool wound up closer to its initial target of $75 million we would still have written it up as a big win for Fox. But as it stands? This is the kind of crazy-unexpected, record-breaking launch that just doesn’t come around very often.

http://collider.com/deadpool-demolishes-box-office-records-with-135-million-debut/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

I actually think it's possible.

That tells me Collider knows nothing about box office :lol: At most I see 155M and that is a high end scenario.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That tells me Collider knows nothing about box office :lol: At most I see 155M and that is a high end scenario.

It's possible that you might see spillover from Sunday to Monday like other previous high grossing Sunday OW films. I know, school is in session but President's Day might make it play slightly closer to a Summer day.

Spoiler

TDK da legend

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Perspective

Deadpool just out opened every modern superhero movie that doesn't have Batman or Ironman in it. (And who knows how legs will play out from here)

Also not counting Spidey 3 because spidey isn't a big pull right now.

Hum, having read the Deadpool script a few years ago, it was all there in the script, granted, there were a few small changes but it was all mostly there, Tim Miller did a great job but it's definitely one of those rare cases where Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are the heroes, along with Ryan, who hired those guys from what we understood. There's a reason that there are a lot of interviews with the writers of Deadpool, and not necessarily the director. This is a film that depends so much on that part alone, of getting the character, and his essence right in the first place.

• Like 2

Just now, Daxtreme said:

Random fact from reddit but the first $100M+ PG-13 opening we got was Spider-Man in 2002.

Now, 14 years later, we have our first R-rated $100M+ opening!

Incredible!

From the character who is pretty much the R-Rated version of Spider-Man, no less.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It's possible that you might see spillover from Sunday to Monday like other previous high grossing Sunday OW films. I know, school is in session but President's Day might make it play slightly closer to a Summer day.

Hidden Content

Yep. $160m OW 4 days is possible. Face fuck that for a while. 

Wow, I'm genuinely shocked by this moment. About a year ago, if you told me that Deadpool a relatively obscure character outside of the comics, would end up having the biggest opening weekend for a comic character that wasn't part of a team, I would have laughed.

But wow! Happy for Reynolds. Dude got charismatic, even if his previous comic book adaptations were mediocre at best.

I am just waiting to see how much Suicide Squad will do, and how big Jai Courtney will get B)

All we need after that is a movie that will open 100+ starring Taylor Kitsch and the word "box office poison" will be forbidden for ever.

#Happy.

19 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Hum, having read the Deadpool script a few years ago, it was all there in the script, granted, there were a few small changes but it was all mostly there, Tim Miller did a great job but it's definitely one of those rare cases where Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are the heroes, along with Ryan, who hired those guys from what we understood. There's a reason that there are a lot of interviews with the writers of Deadpool, and not necessarily the director. This is a film that depends so much on that part alone, of getting the character, and his essence right in the first place.

I need to get my hands in the screenplay. I never read it because I wanted to be surprised if they eventually used it. Can you tell if the action parts were also in the screenplay too?