grim22

The 2016 Comic Book Movie-Mageddon thread. Rank the 2016 CBMs against each other in this thread. Read first post for more details.

Deadpool $134m OW $375m Dom $780m WW

Batman v Superman $165m OW $363 Dom $1.1b WW

Captain America: Civil War $195m OW $468m Dom $1.3b

X-Men Apocalypse $87m OW $208m Dom $490m WW

Suicide Squad $110m OW $345m Dom $850m WW

Doctor Strange $95m OW $245m Dom $590m WW

Edited by iJackSparrow

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You guys are underestimating Civil War. I'm sure they made Spider-Man's part bigger in reshoots and he'll be used in marketing later. All the relevant Avengers + Ant-Man + Spider-Man? No way this don't come close or even outgrosses AOU.

I have it quite close to AoU. There weren't reshoots with Spidey reporter but I do think he'll show up in the next trailer for this. A more modest ow would be around $170-175m, the ballpark of Iron Man 3.

Either way, 2016 will be much better for CBM's than 2015. Say Deadpool becomes only 3rd best...

Anyways, box office:

Deadpool - 132.5/318

BvS - 167/388

Civil War - 172/402

Apocalypse - 96/207

Suicide Squad - 118/335

Dr Strange - 61/197

Wtf?

Why were my clubs which I opened a week before Deadpool released closed? If those clubs are successful, I won't get an opportunity to bask in the success and congratulate others. Now I am being lumped with those who before the release of Deadpool didn't give it a chance to beat xmen apocalypse or possibly be fox's highest grossing movie this year. My only clubs which had very good chance of succeeding and the mods decide to close.

Not cool @grim22 and all the mods. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Wtf?

Why were my clubs which I opened a week before Deadpool released closed? If those clubs are successful, I won't get an opportunity to bask in the success and congratulate others. Now I am being lumped with those who before the release of Deadpool didn't give it a chance to beat xmen apocalypse or possibly be fox's highest grossing movie this year. My only clubs which had very good chance of succeeding and the mods decide to close.

Yeah, maybe they should've just closed the Marvel vs DC clubs.

There weren't any Deadpool vs X-men fanboy wars.

• Community Manager
On 2/15/2016 at 11:46 AM, marveldcfox said:

Wtf?

You can still bask in success and congratulate others. The club thread still exists-just because it's locked doesn't mean you can't celebrate if it succeeds.

Looking at all our predictions, I doubt if people have this much money to shell out on just CBMs. Theres Moana, Dory, Rouge One, Jungle Book, Tarzan and other big films too.

Apart from BvS and maybe DS I don't care to watch any of the CBMs in the theater. Not even DP.  BvS too only for Snyder's take on Batman and of course WW. Dr Strange as a superhero is enticing and would love to see how they have represented his powers visually.

I feel XA and DS could be causalities and do worse than expected even if they are good movies. SS too seems to be weighed down by high expectations. Either the big films will do lower than expected or "smaller" CBMs will normalize the combined CBM bo.

Edited by a2knet

For openings right now I'm thinking:

BvS 150-190

Civil War 140-175

Apocalypse 75-100 (3-day)

Suicide Squad 80-140

Dr Strange 50-75

I'm blown away when I see indications of the online activity levels about Suicide Squad.  Up until the end of 2015 I was thinking at best mid-200's but I'm starting to think the upper limit now is much higher.

Also earlier in this thread I said 300-350 for Deadpool but the strong Monday and Tuesday, plus this weekend every outlet has it at least hitting 55m, together have me thinking 340+ now.