Bishop54

Weekend Thread: Grimsby Bros leads the way with massive 3.1M, 10CL has decent 25.2M, Zootopia crumbles to $50M ;) P.31

Deadline says $12 million for Zootopia today. Amazing for early numbers! The Lorax's multiplier would put it at $49 million. But I expect a $13.5 million Friday and a better Sunday hold and a $54-56 million second weekend :)

Edited by Arlo245
  • Like 3

at 11m that would be around an 180% increase - fine, but also shows that Zootopia is not skewing really young.

They must be thinking around 100% on Saturday and -35% on Sunday to get the 47m figure not sure it gets that far

Using Mojo's March Animation Breakdown

with MVA it would get about 40.85m

with IA2 it would get about 43.48

with Lorax it would get about 44.81

I stick with the process that 45m is the most likely scenario - provided the 11m holds. If it drops to 10m then 45 is done it increases to 12.5 or better and 50 gets added to the table.

For the sake of argument - the Lorax is the better film to use both from time of year - later Easter (week 5 for Lorax, week 4 for Zoo) - skew that was not as young as some. But note that Lorax also had the highest Sat increase among those 3 films and not one increased more than 87% or fell less than 34% on Sunday.... 50 Mil aint happening unless it goes bonkers tonight.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arlo245 said:

Variety: $8 million Friday, $23 million weekend for 10 Cloverfield Lane. Lol that's low as hell. 

Fuck you DHD for getting my hopes up :kitschjob:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

LOST already explained everything. :P

Sometimes an explanation needs an explanation. Still trying to figure out Mulholland drive 15 years later. Maybe I should stop watching the lesbian scenes so much. :D

• Like 1