Fancyarcher

The Shape of Water (Cold War supernatural thriller) | Dec 8 2017 | Del Toro co-writing/directing | Sally Hawkins, Octavia Spencer, Michael Shannon

That's more intense than I expected. For some reason it hadn't registered to me that it was R.....but fish sex. So it makes sense. 

I went to look up Octavia Spencer's list of awards nominated and received before I made a "Wouldn't it be nice if she got recognition for something not about 'the struggle'." and someone's  already edited it in that she gets nominated for this role at the Globes 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The Shack (film).jpg

And Hidden Figures too.

Though, to play Devil's advocate, let's not forget that both movies were based on bestsellers. For example, Britt Robertson is not really a box office draw, yet A Dog's Purpose made 60M+ DOM despite terrible controversy surrounding animal cruelty. Another example: while Tim Burton has some say with audiences, Eva Green..... not as much (sadly), yet Miss Peregrine made almost 90M DOM. Hell, there's plenty of other examples too.

But I do wanna believe that she does have pull with audiences. It's Octavia fucking Spencer, for God's sake.

• Like 4