Fancyarcher

The Shape of Water (Cold War supernatural thriller) | Dec 8 2017 | Del Toro co-writing/directing | Sally Hawkins, Octavia Spencer, Michael Shannon

11 hours ago, Gioranges said:

What are some predictions for the total box office of The Shape of Water?  Was very surprised by the film's budget, it looks 10 times more expensive than the budget.

I think it's one of GDT's more mainstream friendly films. If you're willing to buy into the premise you'll be entertained by it. I am less certain though that enough people are for it to match Pacific Rim as I previously thought it might.

Edited by tribefan695

Okay. I'm a Guillermo del Toro mark but this truly may his been his best. The only qualm being...

Spoiler

how they didn't see Eliza on the monitor multiple times with the beast. She only seemed to movie the one. 

But, yeah, more heart than anything from him yet. The humor was tone perfect too. And, wow, everyone in the cast is just fucking great. Pretty much loved this one.

Just now, Hiccup23 said:

I feel like they are waiting to expand this over 1,000+ theaters until after the Golden Globes. 

What is everybody feeling for a domestic finish for this?

Probably about $35-40M at most unless it starts to really gain traction awards-wise.