CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, Sam said:

Yeah, what the hell is up with that? I was about to throw a fit yesterday. That was very disrespectful to our man. :angry: 

The claws were out, can't blame Tele really. He's a weary old man of course he'll cave

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Last 24 hours have been fun but there's this ominous cloud hanging over the board, like all the fandoms are sharpening their knives and waiting for the first number

It's like that scene in Trading Places when all the stockbrokers stand around all quiet waiting for the reports.. and then all breaks loose. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack Nevada said:

It's like that scene in Trading Places when all the stockbrokers stand around all quiet waiting for the reports.. and then all breaks loose. 

It could get really messy with polarizing reaction and decent box office numbers overall...

I think it will heavy losses on both sides. 

So much drama over a film that most likely isn't even worth so much commotion. Good grief.

I think we can all agree now that Man of Steel was the wrong movie upon which an entire cinematic universe could've been built on?

Remember it is Good Friday and add on large numbers of previews.

The chances of a Saturday increase or even staying flat are quite low.

Fast 7 fell 12% from Friday Day Business as a comparison. 

• Like 1

What's with all the talk about downgrading OW predicts? 

Anyway, I'll say 185M-190M around. Would be a very good start for this universe kickstarter. 

This thread/forum will be way more fun than the numbers though.

Anyone who says the reviews won't have any effect on the opening weekend is in denial. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/batman-v-superman-bad-reviews-box-office-2016-3

It's currently at 35% on RT, 29% with top critics.

All of my most trusted critics have weighed in by now. This was originally in my top 10 anticipated for 2016 but now I'm not going.

Way too many people have echoed the same problems I had with it after reading the summary that leaked. Way too many people have said it's incoherent and style over substance. I'll have fun watching the box office but I'm not contributing to it.

I was already on the fence as is, so I don't speak for most moviegoers but just a sidenote: the only other superhero movie that I didn't see in theaters (besides Fant4astic) was Green Lantern also due to bad reviews. And I think X-Men: First Class? I don't know what happened there though because I love that movie.

So yes the reviews can effect people who were planning on going if they ended up being good.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

2nd weekend drop is min 60%. 

The much better received and buzzed film Fast 7 faced that after Easter. 

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

There's no way it increases or stays flat on Saturday. This is gonna be so front-loaded tomorrow night and Friday. 

Cant recall a non YA film with as much frontloaded presales as this film.

Edited by Lordmandeep