CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

JL will do ALOT less on OW if audiences aren't too receptive to this one and that right there would be the problem for WB / DC. They would have failed to establish a franchise if this movie is doing poorly among audiences.

13 minutes ago, #ED said:

There's about 4-5 Box Office Websites predicting HUGE  drops today and tomorrow because of the B CinemaScore.

We will see.

The Amazing Spider-Man - A-

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - B+

The Avengers - A+

Avengers: Age of Ultron - A

Batman Begins - A

The Dark Knight - A

The Dark Knight Rises - A

Man of Steel - A-

Spider-Man - A-

Spider-Man 2 - A-

Spider-Man 3 - B+

Superman Returns - B+

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - B

Catwoman - B

Daredevil - B

Elektra - B

Fantastic Four - B

FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer - B

afflecksad1-333x224.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

JL will do ALOT less on OW if audiences aren't too receptive to this one and that right there would be the problem for WB / DC. They would have failed to establish a franchise if this movie is doing poorly among audiences.

We have moved on from this discussion. Please see pages 1-145 to read about it.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, James said:

It will make around 110m in China with the current prediction for OW (58-60M). So it needs around 590-600m OS-China, so basically what TDKR got. And this outopened TDKR (and AoU) big way pretty much everywhere or set all time OD records or SH OD records. 

Just because it opened bigger than those movies doesn't mean it will make more in total.

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The review thread has nearly 50 posts and the spoiler thread has grown so much yet I still haven't seen the movie 

afflecksad1-333x224.jpg

Remember that I didn't see Star Wars until 2 and a half weeks after it was released

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Wdlcome

I cant erase the top word. Sorry.

What i meant to say is welcome to our forums where we dissect every last cent of a films gross for 20 pages

And there I go thinking that would be normal procedure for divisive blockbusters like that. :P

Time to reKALibrate.

Edited by incognitoo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

The Amazing Spider-Man - A-

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - B+

The Avengers - A+

Avengers: Age of Ultron - A

Batman Begins - A

The Dark Knight - A

The Dark Knight Rises - A

Man of Steel - A-

Spider-Man - A-

Spider-Man 2 - A-

Spider-Man 3 - B+

Superman Returns - B+

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - B

Catwoman - B

Daredevil - B

Elektra - B

Fantastic Four - B

FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer - B

afflecksad1-333x224.jpg

We have also moved on from the Cinemascore discussion. Please see pages 150 - 190.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, James said:

It will make around 110m in China with the current prediction for OW (58-60M). So it needs around 590-600m OS-China, so basically what TDKR got. And this outopened TDKR (and AoU) big way pretty much everywhere or set all time OD records or SH OD records. 

OD numbers are inflated by Good Friday in many European and LA countries.   It might not make $100m in China.   It'll open about 25% below TDKR is SK and about 70% lower than AOU.  It's already showing it's front loaded in markets like China, SK and HK.  It opened lower than TDKR in Germany and lower in Australia than both.  Lower in France.  Lower in Mexico than AOU.

Since BKB is at work, I figured I could fill in by reporting that my local theater currently has no sell outs for tonight and that it's actually less than half-full when I passed by it 10 minutes ago. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

This gitish guy sound like he has biased hate. How childish can you get

LOL he's been doing a fair and balanced job of reporting the BO for 20 years now. Try harder, some more.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Since BKB is at work, I figured I could fill in by reporting that my local theater currently has no sell outs for tonight and that it's actually less than half-full when I passed by it 10 minutes ago. 

:rofl:  How filled up was the parking lot?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah but you weren't really hyped for TFA

Yeah... And it was more fun into play the role of the pessimist who wouldn't see the movie than the just another guy who enjoyed it anyways

2 hours ago, department store basement said:

You were here for Zootopia I assume too <_< (unless you literally JUST joined)

I don't really count that...mostly because That didn't hit 200 pages, and didn't have critic conspiracies.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Thanks man. Welcome to the forums by the way!